Air Fryer Vegan Cornbread is an easy and quick meal you can make from scratch. This cornbread is soft, sweet, tender, and moist. You will love to have it for breakfast with some butter, jelly, soups, chili, and stews. A slice of cornbread is a perfect thing to have with a big bowl of soup on a winter day to warm up.
I wanted to make a healthy, gluten-free, vegan version of a classic bread differently. This process is very simple, and you can make it in an air fryer without heating the kitchen with an oven.
Even your family and friends will love to have this as a snack or breakfast meal. It is very refreshing and plant-based, so there is no need to worry about extra calories, and you can add them to your healthy daily diet routine. Also, try Healthy Air Fryer Peaches and Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes.
Gluten-free All-purpose Flour Nutritional Benefits
The nutrients of gluten-free all-purpose flour ensure our body’s health and growth. Flour is widely used in many cereal food items, including bread, pasta, pastries, biscuits, and cakes. Every day we consume flour-based products, and they are essential to our bodies. Calcium, protein, potassium, iron, fiber, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, and many other nutrients are present in any all-purpose flour.
Almond Flour Health Benefits
Ground almonds are used to make almond flour. Almonds are blanched in boiling water to eject their skin, then sifting and grinding it results in almond flour. Almond flour is used in various cooking and baking recipes, and they are full of many vitamins and nutrients. There are many health benefits of using almond flour; some of them are,
- It can increase good cholesterol while decreasing bad cholesterol.
- Lowers the risks of any cardiovascular disease by reducing blood sugar levels and body mass index or BMI.
- Almond flours are filled with vitamin E, that alone can give many health benefits.
- This flour is gluten-free, which makes it a good choice for diet.
- Fibers of flour have many health-beneficial properties.
So basically, almond flour is an excellent alternative to wheat-based flour; it can help with any low-carb diet.
How to Make Soy Milk at Home?
- Soak the yellow soybeans in 2 to 3 cups of water all night. I will recommend yellow soybeans because they are the best kind.
- Drain the water and perfectly rinse the soybeans. In a blender, blend soybeans with 3 cups of water until they are smooth.
- Strain the mixture with a nut milk bag or cheesecloth or napkin or a fine mesh strainer, whatever you have.
- Pour the mixture in a container or pot or a saucepan and add one cup of water.
- Boil the mixture, stir and make a skim foam. Cook over medium temperature, stir for about 20 minutes.
- Cool the soy milk and enjoy.
Note: Add more or less water; it will depend on how thick you want to have your milk.
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Almond flour
- Cane sugar
- Baking powder
- Soy milk
- Vegan butter.
How To Make Vegan Air Fryer Cornbread
- Preheat a mini bundt pan in the air fryer at 300 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Mix almond milk, melted vegan butter, and ground flaxseeds in a medium bowl. Set aside
- Add the almond milk mixture and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Take out the baking pan, melt 1 tbsp. of butter in the pan, swirl to coat all the sides.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and air fry for 40 minutes or until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the air fryer and let the pan rest for 10 minutes. Set the cornbread onto a cooling rack.
Can I Make Them in Muffin Cups?
Yes, you can make them in silicone muffin cups. Pour the batter into muffin cups ⅔ full and then carefully place them one by one in the air fryer. How many cups of cornbread will fit will depend on how big your air fryer is? If you overcrowd them in the air fryer, they will take funny shapes. So, put the muffin cups together evenly and avoid overcrowding so that they will come in standard shapes.
How to Store Vegan Cornbread?
- You can store the cornbread in a covered container on the countertop for 4 to 5 days.
- Store the cornbread in a sealable pot or container, or bag and keep it in the fridge for up to one week.
- You can freeze the cornbread for up to 3 months in the freezer.
When you are ready to have it, defrost it at room temperature before reheating. Or, you can take out the cornbread from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. After that, warm it up in the oven.
Other Amazing Vegan Air Fryer Recipes
- My Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- Zucchini Fries Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
If you enjoyed this Vegan Air Fryer Cornbread recipe and would love to see more, join me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
- Categories: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Energy: 247 kcal / 1032 kJ
- Fat: 14 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Carbs: 26.3 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- For: 8 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups soymilk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted, or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, ( I used golden flaxseeds)
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat a mini bundt in the air fryer at 300 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Combine almond milk, melted vegan butter, sugar, applesauce, and ground flaxseeds in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, cornmeal, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the almond milk mixture and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Take out the baking pan from the air fryer, melt 1 tbsp. of butter in the pan, swirl to coat all the sides, or spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and air fry for 20-25 minutes or until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the air fryer and let the pan rest for 10 minutes. Set the cornbread onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
The calories and nutritional data are estimates based on a third-party calculator. Nutritional information will differ because of the different brands used, portion sizes, etc.
This is amazing and very beneficial.