Now you can enjoy Gluten-Free Vegan Ramen Recipe without those little chemical-laden packets in store-bought noodles.
A homemade ramen recipe with fresh vegetables is so easy to prepare that it can be made in less than 30 minutes. The perfect comfort soup for cold and rainy days.
This recipe was originally published January 25, 2019, and updated January 27, 2020
It's awesome being gluten-free and being able to enjoy comfort dishes that are healthier and taste better than traditional versions.
For the noodles, I used Millet And Brown Rice Ramen from Amazon, they are very good and such a game-changer for those who are gluten-intolerant or celiacs. They can be used for any pasta or noodle recipes.
How To Make Vegan Ramen?
Being that I was making this meatless ramen noodle soup, I had to boost the flavor by adding a few ingredients but the results were amazing, my son Daevyd ate half and wants me to make it again.
- Press, drain tofu and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place in a bowl and toss with Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Set aside to marinate.
- Heat oil in a large pot, add garlic, celery, ginger, green onion, thyme, and carrots, Add vegetable broth, water, nutritional yeast flakes, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tofu, coat with cornstarch. Heat oil in a large skillet and fry until golden and crisp on both sides. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add ramen noodle, cayenne pepper to the broth and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Serve in a bowl and top with fried tofu, shredded carrots, cilantro, green onion, and sliced red pepper.
Other Recipes To Try:
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
- 332 kcal / 1388 kJ
- 15 g
- 17 g
- 31 g
- 5 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 20 min
For The Tofu
- 8 ounces tofu, drained, pressed and cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's liquid aminos, or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, ( grape seed or avocado oil)
For The Ramen Noodle Soup
- 4 ounces ramen noodles, ( I used Lotus Foods Millet And Brown Rice Ramen)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped extra for garnish
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, (optional)
To Prepare The Tofu
- Place tofu slices in a bowl and toss with Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Set aside to marinate while preparing the ramen noodle soup. When the soup is cooking, toss tofu slices gently with cornstarch to coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu slices and fry until golden and crisp. Remove from skillet and set aside.
To Prepare The Ramen
- Heat oil in a large pot, add garlic, celery, ginger, green onion, thyme, and carrots, Add vegetable broth, water, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, nutritional yeast flakes, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Add ramen noodle, cayenne pepper to the broth and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove thyme sprigs and discard. Serve in a bowl and top with fried tofu, shredded carrots, cilantro, green onion, and sliced red pepper.