Sambucus Nigra? It sounds like a complicated name, but did you know this small tree is so beneficial! That’s right; you can consume it in multiple ways to avail various benefits!
Do you constantly suffer from a cold and want to get rid of but without any medicines? Here is a way to consume a natural cure for so many problems. But mind you, it has a few side effects too. Keep reading to find out if it’s for you and how it can positively impact your body!
I also have a recipe for Sambucus Nigra/Elderberry Syrup.
What is The Sambucus Nigra?
The European black elderberry, also known as the black elder, belongs to the genus Sambucus in the Adoxaceae family. It is a shrub or small tree found in Europe and Western Asia, usually growing in wet places such as swamps and marshes. The leaves are ovate-lanceolate or elliptical-lanceolate with serrated margins. The flowers are hermaphrodite and occur in clusters of two to five flowers that hang from slender stalks.
In herbalism, it is primarily used for its immune system-boosting properties to help prevent colds and flu from recurring.
8 Benefits of Sambucus Nigra
Do you finally know what Sambucus Nigra is? Are you willing to try and want to know some benefits of this amazing shrub? Keep reading and you’ll be shocked to know how amazing it is!
- Sambucus Nigra is a natural plant with a long history of medicinal use. That’s right it is a wild shrub that grows worldwide and has been used to treat many different conditions since ancient times. The plant has been traditionally used for remedies against sleeplessness, coughs, colds, headaches, and various other ailments.
- In the early 20th century, scientific research on this plant increased dramatically as interest in it increased among people and pharmaceutical companies. The extracts from this plant can be found in some popular over-the-counter medicines such as NyQuil and Theraflu. Pretty convenient!
- Sambucus nigra has been used for centuries to treat many ailments. How amazing!
- The European Medical Journal published that Sambucus Nigra can be used to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Sambucus Nigra has anti-cancer properties and helps treat cancer, leukemia, and lymphoma.
- Sambucus Nigra is a natural laxative and can also be used in the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, tuberculosis, stomach ulcers, hemorrhoids, skin diseases.
- Sambucus nigra is a proven treatment for depression and anxiety disorders. Try consuming and see the difference today!
- It also helps with hormone regulation in the brain that can help people to feel calmer and less stressed out. So all those people tired of trying different medicines here is a chance to give this a shot and thank us later!
6 Uses of Sambucus Nigra
- Sambucus Nigra is known as the European Elderflower, and it is a flowering plant. Its leaves are edible and can be used in salads or to top desserts.
- It has incredible benefits for the human body, such as helping with sleep problems or boosting your immune system.
- Some of the ways Sambucus Nigra can be used are for a sore throat, congestion, fever reduction, cough relief, migraine headache pain, and more!
- Sambucus nigra, also known as black-eyed Susan, is a herb native to North America. Its primary use is in folk medicine for the treatment of respiratory tract infections
- Many people use Sambucus nigra to make syrups that are believed to be helpful in easing seasonal allergies. However, scientific evidence does not support this assumption. It is not proven that the plant has any effect on seasonal allergies.
- The plant has several active components, including tannin, flavonoids, caffeic acid, ferulic acid, and coumaric acid. These substances have been studied extensively and have shown to have anti-inflammatory effects on the body and antioxidant properties that help protect against damage caused by free radicals.
Common Side Effects Sambucus Nigra
Sambucus Nigra is often used in herbal teas, especially in Europe. But with its multiple benefits and usage, it also comes with side effects and might not work for everyone.
- Sambucus nigra contains a number of potentially toxic compounds, including Flavonoids, Alkylamides, Plant Acids, and Glycosides. These compounds are known to affect the central nervous system, red blood cells, heart tissue, liver tissue, and other organs.
- The most common side effects are nausea and vomiting. Rarely allergic reactions can occur when consuming sambuca nigra tea or extract – consult your doctor if you are unsure whether you are allergic to this plant or if any adverse reaction occurs when consuming it.
With so many benefits it’s true that this herb surely stands out. It is a valuable medicinal herb that can be used as a natural supplement for those suffering from high blood pressure, migraines, colds, cancer, anxiety depression, and stress too. How amazing! It also has various other benefits, such as lowering cholesterol levels and relieving headaches and diarrhea.
- What Is Quercetin?
- Incredible NAC Health Benefits
- Are You Zinc Deficient?
- What Is L-Lysine Good For?
- 11 Best Sources Of Vitamin C
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.