The process of exfoliating (removing dead skin) from the surface of the epidermis 1 to 2 times per week with this natural Lavender Almond Meal Exfoliating Facial Scrub Recipe is very beneficial to the health of your skin!
Here are some of the benefits of exfoliating your skin on a regular basis:
1. It keeps the skin soft, supple and glowing.
2. Prevents pores from clogging up by dislodging any build up of oils, dead skin, and debris. When pores are clogged, acne and blackheads are more common.
3. Regularly exfoliating your skin helps you to have a more even tone, with healthier and younger looking skin, by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the skin.
There are many natural ways to exfoliate your skin at home. But remember, different parts of your body require different exfoliants.
- For your face, you want to avoid abrasive exfoliants that contain ground up nut shells or seeds that aren’t finely grounded.
- Add water and a mild exfoliant to your face, using a circular motion, moving upwards.
- Avoid the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Rinse your face using warm water, then followed by cool water.
- Blot face with a clean washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer to lock the moisture into your skin.
Here is a simple exfoliant that you can make yourself.
1. Lavender Almond meal facial scrub:
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut oil, sweet almond oil or olive oil
2 drops of lavender essential oil
Place almond meal in a container, stir in oil and then essential oil.
Apply scrub to face like in the above. Store remaining scrub in a tightly fitting jar and keep in a refrigerator for up to about a week. To use, remove from refrigerator to warm up before applying.
Lavender Almond Meal Exfoliate Scrub improves the tone and look of your skin.