The process of exfoliating (removing dead skin) from the surface of the epidermis 1 to 2 times per week with this natural Lavender Almond Meal Exfoliating Facial Scrub Recipe is very beneficial to the health of your skin!
This recipe is very easy to prepare, no need to purchase expensive store-bought facial scrub. You can make your very own, using simple ingredients that are in your kitchen.
This exfoliating facial scrub is gentle yet effective in removing dead cells, leaving your skin soft and supple.
Also, see Benefits of Exfoliation and Coffee Facial Scrub.
Here are some of the benefits of exfoliating your skin on a regular basis:
1. It keeps the skin soft, supple, and glowing.
2. Prevents pores from clogging up by dislodging any build-up of oils, dead skin, and debris. When pores are clogged, acne and blackheads are more common.
3. Regularly exfoliating your skin helps you to have a more even tone, with healthier and younger-looking skin, by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the skin.
There are many natural ways to exfoliate your skin at home. But remember, different parts of your body require different exfoliants.
- For your face, you want to avoid abrasive exfoliants that contain ground-up nut shells or seeds that aren’t finely grounded.
- Add water and a mild exfoliant to your face, using a circular motion, moving upwards.
- Avoid the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Rinse your face using warm water, then followed by cool water.
- Blot face with a clean washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer to lock the moisture into your skin.
Here is a simple exfoliant that you can make yourself.
Lavender Almond Meal Facial Scrub Recipe
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut oil, sweet almond oil, or olive oil
2 drops of lavender essential oil
Place almond meal in a container, stir in oil, and then essential oil.
How To Use:
Apply scrub to face like in the above. Store remaining scrub in a tightly fitting jar and keep in a refrigerator for up to about a week. To use, remove from refrigerator to warm up before applying.
Be careful while you are in the bathtub because the scrub contains oil and it can be slippery.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.