Air fryer green beans are tasteful, healthy, and perfectly cooked. These are crispy and a perfect side you can enjoy with your main course. These beans are super healthy and thus a must to have in your diet.
You will also enjoy our Vegan Southern Green Beans And Potatoes and Vegan Green Bean Casserole.
What to look for when buying green beans?
Green beans are available in both fresh and frozen versions. Although most people go for frozen vegetables, I prefer buying fresh ones from the grocery store or farmers’ market. When buying green beans, you should keep two things in mind, i.e., the color and firmness.
The perfect bunch of green beans will have a beautiful bright green color. Moreover, they should be very firm. You can test the freshness of green beans by banding them. If they snap with a sound, it means they are perfect! If they are elastic and rubbery, it means they are going bad.
If you have a surplus of green beans and want to store them then see How To Freeze Green Beans.
Health benefits of green beans
Green beans are an amazing vegetable. These are very low in calories and have no fat at all! So, they are perfect for you if you like to keep your weight in control. Moreover, it also promotes heart health. That’s because it has zero cholesterol. Also, green beans are high in protein. As a result, it helps to maintain immunity levels in the body.
Green beans are also rich in vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K. It also has antioxidants. It is also rich in minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Green Beans
- Fresh green beans – fresh green beans can be found all year-round at the supermarkets here in the USA, make sure you purchase green beans that are bright green, not bruised or yellowing.
- Olive oil – use your favorite cooking oil, avocado oil is also great.
- Italian seasoning – you can substitute Italian seasoning with herbs such as basil, oregano, or thyme.
- Garlic powder – gives a boost of flavor to your air fryer green beans.
- Salt, to taste – use sea salt, Kosher, or Himalayan pink salt.
How to make green beans in an air fryer?
Making green beans in an air fryer is the easiest thing ever.
You have to wash and trim the beans and season them.
Place them in an air fryer basket and let them cook.
I have used garlic powder and Italian seasoning to make these green beans.
However, you can add paprika and chili flakes as well. Moreover, when cooking green beans in an air fryer, make sure you place them in a single layer. This way, they will cook evenly.
How to store air fryer green beans?
You can store air fryer green beans by placing them in an air-tight container and storing them in the refrigerator. They will last for up to 5 days. You can reheat them by air frying for 5 minutes at 380 degrees F.
Other Vegan Air Fryer Recipes To Prepare
- My Best Air Fryer Vegan Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Zucchini Fries Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- Vegan Air Fryer Cornbread
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
If you enjoyed this post and would love to see more, join me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Categories: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Energy: 65 kcal / 272 kJ
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Carbs: 8.1 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- Ready in: 22 min
- For: 4 Servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Start by washing the green beans. Pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
- Trim the green beans so you can get rid of hard edges.
- Place the trimmed green beans in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt over the beans.
- Mix well.
- Place the green beans in an air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook at 380-degree F for 12 minutes. Turn halfway.
- Once the time is up, take the beans out of the basket and serve.
I love green beans
thank you for showing the benefits of green beans