These Air Fryer Carrot Fries are very tender, crispy, and takes only 20 minutes to prepare. They are the perfect snack or side dish that is deliciously sweet or savory, and they can easily be adapted with different seasonings. If you are looking for ways to make vegetables exceptional and eat more of them, this is the place to start.
If you are thinking of cooking the carrots in an exciting way, throw them in the air fryer by mixing seasonings properly. You can enjoy your meal time with these delicious roasted carrots. It is a great way to influence your kids to eat more vegetables.
This dish is budget-friendly, and you can serve this amazing dish with anything. This dish is a winner because you can find carrots easily, and you can change up the flavors with different seasonings.
If you love carrots then you will definitely love my Vegan Carrot Raisin Salad and Vegan Carrot Cake recipes.
Carrots Health Benefits
Carrots are one of the well-known vegetables of winter. They are crunchy with enough juice to leave anyone satisfied. Carrots are filled with natural pigments, and it is a great source of beta carotene. Additionally, vitamin A of carrots is very helpful to help with eye health and so on. Here are some must-know carrot health benefits,
- Helps to get better eye health: Carrots have a high amount of vitamin A that can boost your eyesight health. Also, its lutein and lycopene maintain good night vision and eyesight.
- Helps with weight loss: There are many fiber presences in carrots, including soluble and insoluble fibers. Fibers help you take a longer time to digest your foods, promoting you to prevent eating other foods.
- Assist for better digestion: The fiber again comes in as a huge role to make our body better for digestion.
- Boosts heart health: Carrot removes extra LDL cholesterol from the walls of blood vessels and arteries.
- Decreases blood pressure: The presence of potassium in carrots can assist with reducing blood pressure. Because it relaxes the tension of the arteries and blood vessels which leads to lowering blood pressure.
- Boosts skin health: The nutrients such as lutein, carotene, lycopene, and silicon of carrots can boost up your skin health.
Why Should You Use an Air Fryer?
- Using an air fryer is the best way to cook food healthier. You can have crispy food like chips and roasted food with much less oil than frying or baking, or cook on the stove.
- Air fryers usually cook food in less time than cooking in other ways. These carrots will take at least 30 to 40 minutes to prepare in the oven, but if you cook them in an air fryer, it will take only 20 minutes.
- It will take a good amount of space on your countertop, but the air fryer is so versatile that you will cook with it mostly. You can clean easily without any mess.
- It is unfortunate to use an oven or stove on a hot day that can heat the whole kitchen. With an air fryer, you can easily refrain your kitchen area from heating up.
- With an air fryer, you can get more space to cook. Especially when it is Thanksgiving or Christmas eve dinner, you need your oven to cook potatoes and stakes.
How to Reheat Roasted Carrots in Air Fryer?
The air-fried carrot is the best when you enjoy them instantly, but if you got leftovers, you could easily reheat them. An air fryer is the best way to reheat the roasted carrots. To reheat them, set the temperature of the air fryer at 325 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes, shake them in half.
Also, you can easily reheat them in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds or until heated enough. Be careful to avoid overheating the carrots, or they will become rubbery.
How to Air Fry Frozen Carrots?
If you want to air fry frozen carrots, it’s quite simple. To make this yo do not even need oil! Just pour the chopped and seasoned frozen carrots into the air fryer. Make sure to avoid overcrowding them. To make the carrots cook evenly, separate them in batches. Keep the temperature of the air fryer to 360 degrees F, and cook for 15-18 minutes and shake the basket every few minutes.
Recipe Tips And Substitution
- I have used a wavy vegetable cutter to cut the carrots, but you can easily cut them with a knife.
- If you want to save your time, then you can buy pre-cut carrot chips from the store. You can make crispy carrot air fryer chips with them as they are a bit thinner. For this, you need to reduce air frying time.
- In an air fryer, you can make the carrots tender and crisp. If you fry them longer, then they will become crispy around the edges. Be careful don’t overcook them, or the carrots will start to burn.
- For the seasoning, if you want to use extra spices, use dried herbs to coat the carrots as they mix properly and hold up better in the air fryer.
- If you want to use baby carrots, then they will not taste the same as the large carrots. Larger carrots are more flavourful when you roast them in the air fryer.
- Avocado oil
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
How To Prepare Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Start washing the carrots properly, peel them, and pat them dry with a paper towel properly. Slice the carrots lengthwise like 2-inch matchsticks.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots in avocado oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. You can also add seasonings of your choice and toss them to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees, or if you have other models, you can do it instantly. Just place the carrots on the air fryer basket and cook for 15 or until fork-tender. Give the carrots a shake or stir every few minutes to cook evenly.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste and shake the basket to mix properly.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Other Vegan Air Fryer Recipes
- My Best Vegan Air Fryer Recipes
- Vegan Air Fryer Cornbread
- Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- Zucchini Fries In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Notes: If you want to avoid oil from the recipe, then you can do it, but the carrots will come out drier.
If you enjoyed this Air Fryer Carrot Fries recipe and would love to see more, join me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
- Categories: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Courses: Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Energy: 99 kcal / 414 kJ
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Carbs: 22.6 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- For: 2 Servings
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Washing the carrots properly, peel them, and pat them dry with a paper towel. Slice the carrots lengthwise like 2-inch matchsticks.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots in about 1 teaspoon of oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt. You can also add seasoning of your choice and toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Place the carrots on the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes or until fork-tender. Give the carrots a shake or stir every few minutes to cook evenly.
The calories and nutritional data are estimates based on a third-party calculator. Nutritional information will differ because of the different brands used, portion sizes, etc.
Awesome, these fries are easy to make.