Simple and delicious, Almond Cake With Fresh Fruit is gluten-free and vegan, topped with a creamy cashew frosting and luscious fruits!
This is one of my go to recipes that I love to make. I love the idea of it being so easy to make and so adaptable. I can change the flavor of the base easily and I get to top it with whatever fruits I choose. For example, I could add orange zest, juice and topped with orange slices for an orange cake.
I love to use a combination of cashews and coconut cream for my frosting, see my Carrot Cake Recipe.
Lately here in the United States, we have been experiencing lots of natural disasters. Our most recent one is Hurricane Harvey in Texas, and pending Hurricane Irma will possibly directly impact us here in Florida. It is heart-wrenching to watch the images of loss and devastation. Let us continue to pray for those affected and for each other during these times.
We have to stay put because of my hubby's work, so we are doing the best we can. We live in North Central Florida, and we can only prepare and hope for the best outcomes.
Back to the recipe. I used Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Gluten Free Almond Flour, and I made my own oat flour in a high-speed blender. I started out making the recipe with the intent of making a fruit pizza but the texture came out more like a cake one of those finds in experimenting.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!
- 303 kcal / 1267 kJ
- 7 g
- 6 g
- 32 g
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil , melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cashews , soaked for a couple hours
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Lightly grease cake pan or line with parchment paper (I used a springform pan).
- Combine almond flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix maple syrup, apple sauce, coconut oil, vanilla and almond extra.
- Whisk liquid ingredients into dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, transfer to a cool rack to cool completely before applying frosting.
- To make Coconut Cream from coconut milk: Place 1 can of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. The following day, invert can, cut open and drain liquid into a bowl and reserve to add to curries or smoothies.
- Place the remaining coconut cream (1 cup) in a food processor along with cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, almond extract.
- Process until smooth, pausing to scrape down sides. Transfer to a bowl, apply to the top of cake. Topped with fresh fruits.