FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This quick and easy cranberry sauce recipe will certainly be a show stopper at this year's Thanksgiving feast, the golden berries are sweet and fruit and combine perfectly with the tart cranberries. If you can't find ground cherries then make my Healthy Cranberry Sauce recipe.
This maple cranberry sauce is much healthier than the refined sugar version and it is delicious, adjust maple syrup to your liking, you can substitute the apple juice for orange juice or just use plain water.
What Are Cranberries
Cranberries are the red fruit of a low growing evergreen shrub in North America. They are a popular part of Thanksgiving celebrations,
What Are Ground Cherries?
Ground cherries are the fruit of an American plant, it is a member of the nightshade family like tomatoes and eggplant.
To read more about ground cherries read my article about Ground Cherries.
Where Can I Purchase Ground Cherries?
Fresh ground cherries can be found at most local supermarkets or even at Walmart at this time of the year. It grows easily from seeds and requires very little care, you can find seeds online on Amazon.
How To Make Cranberry Ground Cherry Sauce
- Pick through cranberries and ground cherries and discard any bad ones.
- Rinse and drain cranberries and ground cherries.
- Dump them in a saucepan, add maple syrup, apple juice, and cinnamon.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat and cook until berries pop and sauce is thick about 10 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick and scoop sauce in a serving bowl.
Other Delicious Holiday Recipes
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 205 kcal / 857 kJ
- 0 g
- 0 g
- 43 g
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 10 min
- Sort cranberries discarding any bad ones, rinse cranberries, and ground cherries, drain.
- Place cranberries, ground cherries, maple syrup, water, and cinnamon stick in a medium sauce to boil on medium-high.
- Cook until berries pop and sauce is thick enough to your liking, about 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick and taste if the sauce is to your liking. Add more sweetener if desire.