Water is the basic necessity of life. In fact, it is safe to say that water is life. You can live without food, but you can’t live without water. It’s as simple as it can be. Water contains several benefits for the body. Apart from these benefits, water also has the ability to absorb benefits from other ingredients. One such amazing example of this property of water is known as detox water!
What Is Detox Water?
If you are a health enthusiast, you would have definitely heard of detox water. And if you are someone who is new to the whole health, fitness, and detoxification thing, let me tell you detox water is a fantastic thing.
In simple words, detox water is water that has ingredients or properties that eliminates the toxic substances in your body. It detoxifies your body and makes it fit, improves your health, and increases your energy levels. Above all, it helps in weight loss.
Detox water uses natural ingredients like slices of fruits and vegetables to serve a specific purpose. It can improve your overall health, reduce your weight or lower improve the health of your skin. Different kinds of detox waters aim for different purposes. So, you can make one according to your liking or body requirement.
As you add these ingredients to the water and let them sit, the natural goodness and flavor of the ingredients are fused with the water. The water absorbs the natural benefits of the ingredients, and as a result, the water becomes detox.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Lemon: You will need whole fresh lemons. You can use a medium-sized lemon for this recipe. When buying lemons, you have to keep the following things in mind. Firstly, the color of the lemon should be perfectly yellow. There should not be green or brown spots on it. Because we are going to use the whole lemon for this recipe, you wouldn’t want to use lemon with fungus on it. It is best to purchase organic lemons for this recipe
- Furthermore, when picking up a lemon, make sure you press your thumb lightly against it. It should be firm and hard. Avoid lemons that are soft, mushy, or have dried skin.
- Cucumber: Next, you would need fresh cucumbers for this recipe. Because we are going to keep the skin on, it is essential that the cucumber must be of dark green color. Furthermore, the skin should be free from any bruises, discoloration, or brown spots. Choose cucumbers that are firm and not too thick. Thick cucumber has more seeds in it.
- Mint: Mint is an amazingly refreshing and herb. We are going to use its leaves for this recipe. When buying mint, make sure it is bright green. Avoid buying the mint leaves that have a brown color, are withered, or are eaten by insects.
- Water: Fresh drinking water is the only thing you will need for this recipe.
How To Make Cucumber And Lemon Water?
Making detox water is super easy. You can do it with your eyes closed, really! Here is how you can make it instantly.
- You have to start by washed the vegetables and cutting them into thin slices. Make sure you are keeping the skin on.
- As for mint leaves, you can crush them roughly in a brick or mortar to extract the juices from them.
- Next, you have to add all the ingredients in a jug, add water, and that’s all.
- Place the cucumber and lemon water in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Lemon And Cucumber Water Health Benefits
Lemon and cucumber water has many health benefits. Here are a few to name:
- Hydration: you might have heard that drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water a day is essential for staying hydrated and has several other benefits. And if you add the goodness of lemon, cucumber, and mint to this water, the benefits are doubled. Cucumber is also known for its high water content. It is not like it will double the water content in water, but it will definitely help you stay hydrated and get your body going in the blistering heat of the day. Furthermore, it is also refreshing.
- Energizing the body: because cucumber and lemon water is very refreshing, it gives your body an instant boost of energy it needs to get through a tiring day. It is like a fresh breath of air. Cool water helps your body stay active throughout the day.
- Weight loss: it is no secret that detox water aids in weight loss. That’s mainly because it is free from sugar that carbonated drinks have. So, if you are someone who loves to drink sodas and carbonated drinks, cucumber and lemon water are a perfect replacement. It is flavorsome, and it is free from sugar. So, you can keep your weight in check without any worry about adding more weight to your body. Furthermore, it also helps in burning fat faster.
- Antioxidant: lemon and cucumber water contain a high level of antioxidants. Antioxidants are known to combat the free radicals in the body. These free radicals are harmful otherwise. Thus, antioxidants, especially vitamin C, helps to reduce the chances of cancer, diabetes, heart diseases, and Alzheimer’s in the body.
- Healthy skin: Lemon and cucumber water improves the pH of the body. As a result, it provides glowing skin and improves complexion. It is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and Silica. All these ingredients act as a cleansing of the blood of acne and dullness causing things. Thus, if you are looking for radiant skin, swap water with lemon and cucumber water, and you will see its results within a few days.
- Improved digestion: Water is the ultimate solution to aiding in a healthy digestive system. When you are using lemon and cucumber water, the benefits are doubled. Because the nutrients in this water aids in purifying your liver, and stomach, you get rid of all the detox-causing things. As a result, digestion is improved, and all the gunk leaves your body.
- Alkalization: When the body is alkaline, diseases can’t survive. It is a simple formula. So, if your body’s pH is moving towards an acidic side, this water will keep it under control and get it back to the alkaline side of pH.
Tips And Tricks To Remember
Although making cucumber and lemon water is super simple, there are a few things you should keep in mind. These are as follows:
- Make sure you slice the lemon and cucumbers thinly. The thinner the slices, the more juices will leave it.
- You can squeeze slices of mint leaves with a wooden spoon. This way, you can extract more juices from it.
- The best way to drink this lemon and cucumber water is by starting your day with it. So, you can start drinking it in the morning.
- Prepare the lemon and cucumber water in the evening and place it in the refrigerator. Once you pour it for drinking, don’t drink it directly. That’s because the chilled water can be a bit uncomfortable. So, let it reach room temperature.
- Add all the ingredients to cold water for the vegetables to stay crisp.
- Never keep the lemon and cucumber water in the refrigerator for more than 24 hours. Discard the leftover water.
Now that you know everything about the lemon cucumber water, what are you waiting for? Read ahead for the easiest recipe, and start incorporating it into your daily routine now!
Other Drinks To Prepare
- Sorrel Drink
- Star Fruit Juice
- Irish Moss Drink
- Tamarind Juice Drink
- Soursop Juice
- Mango Juice
- Ginger Juice
- Ginger Turmeric Shot
- Homemade V8 Juice
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 10 kcal / 42 kJ
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Carbs: 2.7 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- 8 Servings
- Wash and thinly slice lemon without peeling the skin. Add to the pitcher
- Wash the cucumber and slice thinly with skin. Add to the pitcher
- Wash the mint leaves and crush using your hands. You can break them down into small pieces or use a brick and mortar to crush them roughly.
- Add 8 cups of water and stir. lace the jug in the refrigerator.