Delicious Roasted Turnips With Garlic are so easy to prepare and they are a healthy side dish.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
My husband loves cooked green so I have been buying turnip greens to include in my Southern Style Mixed Greens recipe.
I purchase them whenever I go to the local market, the bonus is the bunch of turnip greens comes with the turnips attached.
Ingredients For Roasted Turnips With Garlic
How To Roast Turnips
This recipe is very easy but instead of just roasting the turnips after adding the seasonings, I decided to do one preliminary step and that is to parboil the turnips first.
Parboiling the turnips reduces some of the sharp taste that is in turnip and then roasting it further sweetens and caramelizes the flavor.
Trim and scrub turnips, if you are using mature turnips then peel turnips, mine were baby turnips so I left the skin on which has lots of nutrients.
Chop turnips in large chunks about 1-inch, bring water to boil in a large pot. Add turnip and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain turnips using a colander.
Place turnips in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt to taste.
Place in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
Other Variations of Roasted Turnips With Garlic
You can also do half and half with:
- Roasted Turnips With Carrots
- Roasted Turnips With Beets
- Roasted Turnips With Parsnips.
Also please leave a star rating ∗
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 106 kcal / 443 kJ
- 3 g
- 2 g
- 17 g
- 19 min
- 1 h 13 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h 32 min
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil
- Scrub, peel turnips and remove stem and roots. Cut into chunks about 1-inch pieces. bring water to boil in a large pot. Add turnip and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain turnips using a colander.
- Place in a bowl and toss with olive, garlic, rosemary and salt.
- Place turnips in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until turnips are golden brown.