This is another quick and easy recipe creation, I make this dish whenever I’m busy, it is also great to bring to a potluck or any large gathering! It is especially popular with children but the entire family loves it served with a huge salad! Perfect dish for fall and winter!
Check out my Vegan Mac and Cheese, Vegan Bolognese and One Pot Taco Spaghetti.
How To Prepare Easy Vegan Rotini Pasta Recipe
To prepare this Easy Vegan Rotini Pasta Recipe, I cooked brown rice rotini according to the package directions, drained it, tossed with olive oil and set it aside. In the meantime, I cook onions, garlic with Italian seasonings. Then I added beefless grounds, I used GARDEIN brand which is vegan and gluten-free.
You can substitute with cooked lentils or tofu crumbles or your favorite protein here, I then stirred in pasta sauce followed by cooked pasta and vegan cheese. For the cheese, I used DAIYA SHREDS, but you can also substitute with my CHEESE SAUCE recipe in my Vegan MacNCheese recipe. This is so easy to prepare and it will be a huge hit with your family!
If you make this Easy Vegan Rotini Pasta recipe, snap a photo and hashtag #healthiersteps — we love to see your recipes on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Categories: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Energy: 249 kcal / 1041 kJ
- Fat: 29 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Carbs: 35 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- For: 6 servings
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, (I used brown rice pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup beefless grounds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 28-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 cups shredded vegan cheese, (I used Daiya)
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper, (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on medium-high, add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain using a colander, toss with olive oil and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes, stir in garlic and Italian seasoning cook for 30 seconds. Stir in beefless grounds and cook stirring to coat, add pasta sauce and Bragg's liquid aminos.
- Add pasta and stir to thoroughly coat with sauce. Stir in cheese and season with salt and cayenne pepper if needed.
Quick and yummy… made it with lentils
So easy and delicious!
I notice that this does not say “gluten free.” Would the beefless grounds have gluten in them? What would work as a replacement?
The beefless grounds are gluten free. It says it in the ingredients section
If, they aren’t, been such a long time since I used them, the only questionable ingredient if I’m correct is probably barley, I can’t remember. You can always use Beyond Ground, they are definitely gluten-free.