This is my version of the classic Swedish roast potato recipe, the potato is thinly sliced but not all the way through so it can resemble a fan or accordion when roasted. The outside is crisp and the inside is soft and creamy.
Traditionally Hasselback potatoes are drizzled with melted butter, salt, and pepper, then sprinkled with breadcrumbs. In my version, I lightly saute garlic, rosemary, turmeric, and salt in extra-virgin olive oil, then I drizzle it all over the potatoes.
My Hasselback Potatoes Recipe is a very kid friendly dish, my son Daevyd loved it. A simple, yet elegant and flavorful way to serve potatoes. Check out some of my other favorite potato recipes:
- Energy: 260 kcal / 1087 kJ
- Fat: 13 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbs: 34 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- Ready in: 1 h 10 min
- 4 servings
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Dry potatoes leaving the skin on. and slice potatoes thinly, leaving about 1/4 inch at the bottom connecting slices. Transfer potatoes into a lightly oiled cast iron skillet.
- Heat oil In a sauce pan on medium-low heat, add garlic, rosemary, turmeric, and salt and let it cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Allow infused oil to cool.
- Brush oil on potatoes, making sure to brush in between the slices.
- Bake potatoes for 50-60 minutes, until edges are brown and crisp and flesh is soft.