This no-bake strawberry ice cream cheese cake is soy free, gluten free, dairy free and mostly raw. You have the option to make a single 8-inch layer (pie) or 4 mini spring-form pans to stack like cakes.
It is strawberry season here in Florida where our strawberries are sweet and juicy, I can’t have enough so I’m always using them in my recipes like my, Strawberry Breakfast Cake that I made again yesterday.
One of my readers wrote that my Strawberry Oat Bars taste like store bought and my Strawberry Chia Jam is super easy to prepare and has great health benefits. For fun and creativity, try my Strawberry Protein Pancakes and if you are just looking for a great ice Cream recipe, check out my No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream recipe
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CHEESECAKE
I have made and tweaked this recipe many times and every recipe is the bomb! This is my latest version and it is amazing! I told you in one of my previous posts, how Florida strawberries are one of the best in the country and how we have a long strawberry growing season here.
Check out these interesting facts about Florida strawberries!
This vegan cheesecake recipe is so easy, you definitely need a blender or food processor to make this one. For the base, I used walnuts, coconut, and dates but you can substitute with nuts of your choice and sweetener of choice.
For a nut-free version, substitute with graham cracker crumbs, a little oil, and water to hold.
For the filling, I use cashews because they produce a really creamy filling but I have had great results with almond flour or even blanched almonds, I just blend longer making sure to take breaks while I blend so my motor doesn’t overheat.
I did a video recently for this updated version of my vegan cheesecake and I wanted to create swirls but failed miserably because I ran out of strawberries, so if you would like that gorgeous effect, add at least 1 cup chopped strawberries to half of the filling.
I soaked the cashews but if you are in a hurry, just cover cashews with water and bring them to boil for about 3-5 minutes and that will soften them. Technically cashews aren’t raw, they are heating in processing plants so this recipe is not completely raw. Here is a lovely video about cashew production.
- Energy: 350 kcal / 1463 kJ
- Preparation: 20 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- 12 portions
- Place walnuts, coconut flakes, dates, vanilla, and salt in a food processor and process until finely ground. Process until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Scoop crust into the base of a spring-form pan, using hand press into the bottom of a 7 or 8-inch spring-form pan or 4 mini-spring-form pans. Place in refrigerator to chill while preparing the filling.
- Place cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla and salt in a blender and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of blender if necessary.
- Add strawberry and blend. Pour filling into prepared spring-form and place into the freezer for 2-3 hours or until set.
- To serve remove from freezer, transfer to serving plate and allow to soften a bit, garnish with strawberries.