I love to get strawberries that are freshly picked, tasty from a local organic farm in my area. I look forward to picking the strawberries my self and we usually make it a fun family trip.
The farm usually has a steady flow of people and we get to chit chat with other locals while we collect our strawberries in buckets.
As soon as I head home, we get to dive in eating as much as we can, the rest we use to make these delicious healthy strawberry pancakes, we also use it to make Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Ice Box Cake, Vegan Strawberry Cobbler, Strawberry Banana Bread.
Strawberry Pancake Recipe
These amazing strawberry pancakes are super delicious and easy to prepare for breakfast or even brunch. I love to drizzle maple syrup over them or you can serve them with strawberry syrup. These pancakes are fluffy, moist, and delicious. They are vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Benefits Of Eating Strawberries
Strawberries are good for you and you should include more strawberries in your diet. these heart-shaped red fruits with their seeds embedded in their skin are high in Vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants called polyphenols.
Vitamin C is shown to reduce inflammation in the body, improves the production of collagen which increases the elasticity of the skin, lower cholesterol levels, regulate blood pressure, helps with weight loss, and build the immune system.
Strawberries contain folate which is good to reduce birth defects while the mother is pregnant.
Vegan Strawberry Pancakes Ingredients
- Oat flour – make your own flour by blend rolled oats in a high-speed blender
- Sorghum flour – you can substitute it with all-purpose gluten-free flour. You can purchase sorghum flour at your local health food store or online on Amazon.
- Ground flax seeds – you can make your own by blending whole flaxseeds in a high-speed blender.
- Baking powder – I used non-aluminum baking powder.
- Salt – I used sea salt, you can also use Kosher salt.
- Almond milk – substitute with your favorite non-dairy plant-based milk, like oat milk, cashew, soy milk, rice milk.
- Maple syrup – or sweetener of choice, agave, cane sugar, date syrup.
- Strawberries – I love to use sweet strawberries instead of tart ones. I love to get mine from a local organic farm
How Do You Make Strawberry Pancakes From Scratch?
- Combine oat flour and sorghum flour in a large bowl.
- Add ground flax seeds, a little baking powder, salt.
- Stir almond milk and maple syrup into the dry mixture.
- Cook spoonfuls of batter on a preheated non-stick skillet adding sliced strawberries on top of the batter.
- Serve with maple syrup!
This was one of the best pancakes I have ever eaten. They were so delicious and our entire family enjoyed them.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Trick To Fluffy Pancakes?
I find using oat flour in my vegan gluten-free pancakes results in fluffy pancakes, If you are gluten-free make sure to purchase Gluten-Free Oat Flour. Sifting the flours along will incorporate more air into the batter, making your pancakes lighter.
What Can I Add To Pancake Mix For Flavor?
Adding the fresh strawberries will add extra flavor to your batter, also you can add a combination of cinnamon, vanilla, and almond extract for more flavor.
What Is The Most Popular Pancake?
Our most popular pancake is our Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.
Is It Better To Add Milk Or Water To Pancake Mix?
It is better to add vegan milk than water to your pancake mix, the milk will not only add flavor but will also add extra fat and moisture to your pancakes.
How Do I Store My Pancakes?
- Cool pancakes completely, place them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3 days
What Can I Serve With My Vegan Strawberry Pancakes
- Chinese Scallion Pancakes
- Easy Tofu Scramble
- Gluten-Free Apple Muffins
- Buckwheat Porridge
- Sausage Gravy
- Vegan Grits
- Vegan Breakfast Burritos
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
- Energy: 159 kcal / 665 kJ
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbs: 31 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- Ready in: 22 min
- For: 4 pancakes
- In a large bowl add oat flour, sorghum flour, ground flax seeds, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in almond and maple syrup, mix to form a smooth batter. May add a little extra non-dairy milk.
- Heat large non-stick pan on medium-high heat, you may add a little coconut oil if you want. Add a spoonful of batter and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add sliced strawberries, flip pancakes and cook for another 2-3 minutes making sure not to burn. Repeat with remaining batter.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring facebook group VEGAN RECIPES WITH LOVE to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too…