This Roasted Cauliflower In Spicy Marinara Sauce dish is quick and easy to make and comes out crazy delicious every time I make it. I have created so many variations and my family has never been disappointed. Serve as a side or main.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Lately, my family has been crazy about all my cauliflower recipe creations. I can’t blame them because they love my, Cauliflower Nuggets and Cauliflower Hash Browns. This Roasted Cauliflower in Spicy Marinara Sauce is my latest, seasoned cauliflower roasted and then smothered with a spicy marinara sauce tastes amazing.
This unique take on cauliflower is the perfect entree, delicious served with spaghetti or even mashed potatoes will be one you will serve again and again.
How To Make Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
I used a store-bought marinara sauce, you can make your own or substitute with your favorite marinara or tomato sauce. I used turmeric and cumin spices to add a warm flavor to the sauce. You won’t be disappointed with the dish, it’s definitely worth the try.
Cut the cauliflower in bite-sized pieces so they can soak up all the flavors of the spicy marinara sauce. Toss the cauliflower pieces in almond milk, then seasoning mix of brown rice, tapioca starch, salt, and bake. Meanwhile, prepare the spicy marinara sauce.
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 225 kcal / 941 kJ
- Fat: 9 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbs: 35 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- Ready in: 1 h
- 4 Servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Spicy Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven 425 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized florets. Using a colander wash and drain florets and place in a large bowl, toss to coat with almond milk.
- In a medium bowl combine, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, and salt. Sprinkle seasoning to coat cauliflower florets. Transfer to the baking sheet in single layer and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway. Remove from oven and place in a serving bowl.
- In the meantime. heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan on medium-heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, turmeric and cook for a minute.
- Add marinara sauce, sugar and water. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Toss roasted cauliflower with spicy marinara sauce and serve.