If you are looking for restaurant style sesame tofu recipe. Then you are in the right place, this mouthwatering tofu recipe is a treat.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
My daughter has been making a similar recipe tofu recipe lately, I decided to share this simple yet delicious recipe that is perfect for beginners.
First, begin with extra-firm or super-firm tofu. With super-firm tofu, you will save yourself the task of having to squeeze the tofu beforehand.
If you don’t have super-firm tofu then drain tofu. Wrap tofu in a clean kitchen towel and place something heavy on top, a pot or books and let tofu drain excess liquid, about 20 minutes..
How To Make Sesame Tofu Recipe
This recipe is so easy to prepare, and because tofu takes on the flavor of the seasoning and sauce that it is prepared in.
Cut tofu into cubes and place in a large bowl, toss with Bragg’s liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce. Allow tofu cubes to marinate for about 20 minutes.
Prepare the sauce by mixing vegetable broth, maple syrup, Bragg’s liquid aminos, lemon juice, sesame oil, cornstarch, grated ginger, and sesame oil in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Toss tofu cubes with cornstarch and gluten-free flour. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and fry on both sides until crisp and golden brown.
Mix sauce and pour sauce over pan-fried tofu and mix until sauce is thick and bubbly. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
- 1 16 ounce extra-firm tofu, or super-firm tofu (drained)
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos, or Tamari sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, or arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons all purpose gluten-free flour
- coconut oil, or grapeseed oil, for frying
- To prepare tofu, cut into cubes and place in a large bowl, toss cubes with Bragg's liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce. Allow tofu cubes to marinate for about 20 minutes. In the meantime prepare the sauce.
- Toss the tofu cubes with cornstarch and gluten-free flour until fully coated. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and fry on both sides until crisp and golden brown.
- To prepare the sauce, combine, vegetable broth, maple syrup, Bragg's liquid aminos, lemon juice, sesame oil, cornstarch, grated ginger and sesame oil in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add sesame sauce to coat tofu cubes and cook until bubbly and thick. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.