VEGAN LEMON RASPBERRY BUNDT CAKE
What Is A Vegan Bundt Cake?
The name Bundt cake is given to this cake because of the baking mold. It has a unique shape that doesn’t have to do anything with the flavors. Instead, the purpose of this mold or shape is merely for decorative purposes.
Traditionally, cakes are made from dairy ingredients and eggs. But because we are talking about a vegan cake, we are going to skip these ingredients and use vegan and plant-based ingredients instead. And the best part is, despite the change of ingredients, the result will be absolutely perfect. In fact, you won’t be able to tell the difference.
So, in their words, a vegan Bundt cake is a cake that is made from 100 vegan ingredients. It uses plant-based milk like almond or soy milk instead of dairy milk. Furthermore, eggs are also replaced with other ingredients that lift the cake and make it tasteful, moist, and soft.
Why Is This Vegan Bundt Cake Unique?
You might have eaten or made several cakes, but this vegan Bundt cake recipe is nothing like you’ve ever tried. This cake is quite unique. And the fact that it is made from vegan ingredients makes it even more unique. Here is why you should make this cake more often:
- It is 100 % vegan. The recipe uses all plant-based ingredients. So, no more eggs or dairy products.
- It is gluten-free. So, if you have gluten sensitivity, this cake is perfect for you.
- It is super easy to make. You don’t need a lot of preparation or special ingredients. The only time the cake needs is while cooking in the oven.
- It is fluffy! Believe it or not, the cake is very fluffy. It’s amazing how a cake made from vegan ingredients can be so fluffy, moist, and lightweight.
- It is very delicious. The flavor of lemon and the bits of raspberries add both flavor and texture to the cake. It is perfect for every occasion!
Here is a detailed list of everything you need for this delicious and fluffy vegan Bundt cake. But before we get to that, note that the cake preparation is divided into two parts. The first one is the cake itself, while the second one is the preparation of the glaze or topping.
For the cake, you will need:
- Flour: Because we are making a gluten-free cake, we will replace all-purpose flour with brown rice flour and almond flour. These are not just gluten-free but also make the cake light.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil binds all the ingredients well. Furthermore, it also makes the cake airy and fluffy.
- Non-dairy milk: For this recipe, we use almond milk. It has a sweet note to it, and it is a perfect choice for this cake. However, you can also use soy milk or coconut milk.
- Sugar: To add sweetness to the cake, you must use sugar. Although you can use cane sugar, organic coconut sugar works best as well.
- Flaxseeds: Flaxseed not only brings nutrition to the cake but also gives it a unique texture.
- Lemon: For the lemony and tangy flavor, you have to use lemon juice. You can also use lemon zest to add more depth of lemon flavor to the cake.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are the main hero of this Bundt cake. They bring in festivity, color, and freshness to the cake.
For the frosting or glaze, you will need:
- Tofu: Tofu is jam-packed with nutrients. It is also the element that adds creaminess to the glaze or topping.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup adds sweetness to the glaze. You can also use honey instead.
- Extracts: I use both vanilla and almond extracts for this glaze.
- Lemon: Again, lemon adds freshness to the glaze.
How To Make A Vegan Bundt Cake?
Making vegan Bundt cake is very easy. Here are a few steps you need to follow to get the perfect vegan cake!
Step 1: In a bowl, mix almond milk, coconut oil, lemon zest, and flaxseeds and set aside.
2: In another bowl, mix brown rice flour, almond flour, baking powder, sugar, salt.
3: Mix liquid ingredients with dry ingredients and fold in raspberries.
4: Grease the Bundt pan and pour the mixture into it. Place it in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 50-60 minutes.
Step 5: As the cake is cooking, add tofu pieces to a blender and add the rest of the topping ingredients. Blend at a high speed until you get a silky-smooth texture.
Step 6: Once the cake is cooked, let it cool and remove it from the mold. Pour the glaze over the top and garnish with raspberries.
Can You Use Frozen Raspberries?
Although you can use frozen raspberries, I recommend you use fresh. That’s because frozen raspberries will have a lot of moisture that can manipulate the texture of the cake.
Furthermore, it can also prevent the cake from rising. However, if you still want to use frozen raspberries, thaw them and dry them. Moreover, you can also dust them in flour to get rid of extra moisture.
Can You Use Regular Tofu Instead Of Silken Tofu?
Silken tofu is Japanese-style tofu that is very soft as compared to regular tofu. Because we are using it for the glaze, silken tofu is the best kind of tofu. Because it is soft and silky, it is easy to breakdown and doesn’t for granules. It keeps the glaze smooth and silky.
However, if you have a high-speed blender like my Blendtec Blender, you will be able to get a smooth and creamy tofu whipped topping.
Tips And Tricks For Perfect Vegan Bundt Cake
Although making vegan Bundt cake is fairly easy, here are a few tips you should follow for flawless baking:
- Make sure the dry to liquid ratio is perfectly measured; otherwise, it will affect the density of the cake.
- Grease the Bundt mold with either coconut oil using your fingers or with cooking spray.
- You can also use frozen raspberries, but make sure you thaw them to get rid of extra water or moisture.
- You can also use dehydrated raspberries instead of fresh ones.
- If you want to keep the sweetness to a low, you can use organic coconut sugar instead of the regular sugar as well. Coconut sugar is less sweet than confectionary sugar.
- It would be best if you didn’t replace silken tofu with regular tofu. You won’t get the silky consistency if you use regular tofu in a regular blender.
- To check if the cake is cooked or not, insert a toothpick in the cake. If it comes out clean, it means the cake is read. If it doesn’t, leave it for a few extra minutes in the oven.
- You can also use this recipe to prepare cupcakes and muffins. Simply change the mold and enjoy this delicious recipe in different forms. Also, you can use the same topping with different berries.
Other Tasty Vegan Dessert Recipes To Prepare
- Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Ice-Box Cake
- Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
- Jamaican Blue Draws
- Vegan Coconut Bread
- Jamaican Spice Bun
- Sweet Potato Pudding
- Avocado Lime Popsicles
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 301 kcal / 1258 kJ
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Carbs: 41.1 g
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- Ready in: 1 h 20 min
- 12 slices
For The Cake
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cane sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups vegan milk, (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
For The Frosting
FOR THE CAKE
- In a bowl, add almond milk, coconut oil, lemon zest, flaxseeds, and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add brown rice flour, almond flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Fold in raspberries lightly.
- Pour the batter into an 8-inch greased Bundt pan and place the baking pan in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 50-60 minutes.
- Once the cake is made, insert the toothpick. If it comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven and after 15 minutes, invert it onto a cooling rack or a serving plate to finish cooling.
- Let the cake cool down completely, before adding the frosting
FOR THE FROSTING
- In the meanwhile, break silken tofu into small pieces and add it to a blender jug.
- Next, pour in almond milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, lemon zest, almond extracts, salt, and blend until you get a creamy texture.
- Once the cake is cooled completely, pour the mixture over it and allow it to fall like a curtain. Garnish the cake with fresh raspberries.