Amazing creamy Whipped Body Butter, is easy to make at home, silky soft shea butter, olive oil, grapeseed oil with lavender essential oil.
So I decided to share one of my recipes with my readers.
I made and sold them at Farmer’s markets, and stores years ago.
Since moving to Florida, I have been a full-time food blogger/caterer and I haven’t had the time to get back to making my skincare products for the market.
Whipped Body Butter
Whipped Body Butter used on the skin, leaves the skin feeling soft and supple, it is great for dry skin conditions and for those with very sensitive skin.
The beauty is it is made from all-natural ingredients and doesn’t contain unpronounceable chemicals like commercial body butter.
Check out The Shocking Truth About What is In Your Skincare. If you have never made your own then you will be amazed at how easy it is to make and how economical it is to make your own. It also makes the perfect gift.
DIY Whipped Body Butter
Use daily on your face and body as a moisturizer, for dry skin relief, treat wrinkles, treat sunburn, stretch mark prevention during pregnancy, reduce blemishes and scarring.
Break Down Of Ingredients:
- Shea Butter – is the fat that comes from the shea nut tree from West Africa. It contains a high concentration of fatty acids and antioxidants. Shea butter is anti-inflammatory, a highly sought-after ingredient in the cosmetic industry. It is also popular in natural hair care products. Read More.
- Coconut Oil – is made from the flesh of the mature Coconut. Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids and has anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties. Read More.
- Grapeseed Oil – is made from leftover grape seeds from the manufacturing of wine. It contains Vitamin E and omega 6 fatty acids. Vitamin E helps fight free radicals. Omega 3 and omega 6 are important for skin barrier functioning. Grapeseeds contain linolenic acid which reduces inflammation in the skin’s middle and outer layers. Read More.
- Lavender Essential Oil – not only smells amazing, but it also has great skin benefits. It has antimicrobial properties. Read More. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is used for the treatment of burns, as well as acne or other dermatological conditions. Read More.
To make body butter, I cut the shea butter into pieces and place it into an electric mixer, I added melted coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and process it until the body butter looks like whipped cream. I then add the essential oils and whip until the essential oil is fully incorporated.
What Equipment I Used
Ingredients For Homemade Body Butter
- 1 cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed oil
- 30 drops Lavender essential oil
- Container with tight-fitting lids
- 1 tablespoon Vitamin E oil (optional for longer-lasting body butter)
Combine shea butter, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and lavender essential oil in an electric mixer and process until the body butter is soft and creamy and there aren’t any visible solid pieces.
Melt shea butter and coconut oil using a double boiler if they are really hard, especially during the winter months.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.