This awesome Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Cookie in a Jar is the ideal DIY gift for your loved ones. It is so easy to prepare and tastes amazing!
Giving DIY gifts are so special and dear to the heart. They are way better than the same old gifts from the store that most people give. Who needs another
Giving these Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar to your loved ones is so gratifying knowing that you prepared it with your hands with love.
With every bite, they will think of you and they will continue to use the glass jars for years to come.
- 1 Quart Mason Jar
- Cookie mix
- Sticker paper or cardstock
- Pretty cloth for lid
The cookies are easy to prepare, just add coconut oil, non-dairy, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
They are loaded with walnuts and carob chips, so crunchy on the outside and chewy delicious on the inside.
I prefer carob chips instead of chocolate chips because I avoid caffeine at all cost. You are certainly free to substitute them for chocolate chips instead.
These Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar were so yummy, I made another batch the following day and I plan to give several of these jars to my friends.
More recipes to Gift in a Jar:
Tips For Making Cookie Mix in a Jar:
- Use fresh ingredients, make sure your nuts are fresh. You don’t want your nuts going rancid quickly.
- Make sure you make a batch first so you can be happy with the recipe first.
- Use wide mouth canning jars because they are easier to fill than narrow mouth ones. If you have a narrow mouth jar then fill layers using a canning funnel.
For: 15 cookies
- Cookie Mix To Be Layered in Quart Jar
- 1 quart canning jar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, or carob chips
- Wet Ingredients to be added by Recipient
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Empty content of the jar into a large bowl and mix.
- Add 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk (I used almond milk) and 1/4 cup melted coconut oil.
- Mix to thoroughly combine.
- Using a tablespoon, drop onto oiled parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten a little and bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes, carefully transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with Love!
- Place cookie mix layer by layer following the ingredients list for dry cookie mix.
- Cut a piece of decorative cloth in a circle a bit larger than your jar lid.
- Place cloth between lid and rim and screw on tightly.
- Write instructions on sticker or card stock and place securely on jar.
- Tie a lovely ribbon.