Kiwi berries are a mini version of the kiwi fruit! Yes, that’s right, they are small and adorable berries that are not only yummy and juicy but fun treats to snack on.
Who said eating healthy was tough? Thank you for the fantastic fruits that we can easily find at the local farmers market; people can now easily maintain a healthy diet and snack on different fruits to satisfy their cravings and at the same time obtain numerous health benefits.
Kiwi berry is a fascinating fruit and is becoming quite popular these days, especially with its peak season. Are you excited because you’ll get to learn all about kiwi berries today!
What are Kiwi Berries?
They are scientifically known as Actinidia Arguta is a perennial vine native to different countries in the northern hemisphere. This small yummy berry originated from Eastern Siberia, Japan, China, Sakhalin, Korea, and the Kuril Islands. Today, it’s commercially cultivated and harvested in different parts of the world, such as Canada, New Chile, the United States of America, New Zealand, and Europe. The kiwi berry plant produces an edible fruit that is both cultivated for domestic usage and commercial use.
These mini fruits are cultivated as ornamental plants. You can quickly find them in different fruit jams, salads, jellies; they are also used in other appetizers and tenderizers, even in smoothies, yum!
They are commonly known by different names such as the Arctic Kiwi, Mini Kiwi, Baby Kiwi, Cocktail Kiwi, Hardy Kiwi, Dessert Kiwi, Kiwiberry, Vinepear, Taravine, Bower Vine, and Japanese Actinidia. How unique!
12 Health Benefits of Kiwi Berry:
You’ve found out where this fantastic mini fruit comes from, but the health benefits it provides are quite a few. Let’s find out why you need to snack on this healthy fruit!
- Kiwi berry is a rich source of Vitamin B, making it easy to prevent cancer and cure various heart ailments and congenital disabilities.
- By eating kiwi berry, you can easily maintain the blood sugar levels of your body, maintain a sound nervous system, and even a good amount of red blood cells.
- This mini fruit is jam-packed with properties that are anti-cancer, antioxidants, anti-allergic, and anti-inflammatory.
- Are you looking to keep your hypertension and rising blood pressure in control? Kiwi berry is the fruit you need to eat.
- It’s pretty good for pregnant moms and even little kids as it strengthens the bones helps infant growth, builds strong immunity, and assists in developing the brain.
- It is loaded with Vitamin A and maintains healthy vision, skin, and teeth.
- This fruit is an excellent source of Vitamin C and helps clear impurities.
- It assists in the diminishing of stress and eradicates all signs of aging; how amazing!
- Kiwiberry aids in the reduction of cardiovascular diseases, so it’s ideal to consume who face any problems.
- It also helps to reduce rising cholesterol levels and helps maintain them.
- Kiwi berries can be consumed by people who are suffering from any problems related to the arteries. This fruit is ideal for reducing the narrowing of arteries.
- It’s high in fiber, making it easy on the stomach too. Read More Here.
How Can You Eat Kiwi Berries?
Kiwi berries are pretty small but at the same time mighty, with so many benefits. It’s bright, flavourful, and has quite a few benefits similar to a kiwi fruit except for the fuzzy skin. They are pretty small, making them easier to snack on; you can pop one or maybe two kiwi berries like grapes; they can also be used as a garnish on different cocktails. How fancy! You can add it to your cheeseboard and even mix it in other fruit salads.
Are you wondering when do kiwi berries taste the best? They taste the best when eaten ripe or when the berry feels soft to touch. You can enjoy them then. Like different berries, they can easily be enjoyed if kept at room temperature, but if you want them to last longer, it’s ideal for keeping them in the refrigerator.
5 Culinary Usage of the Kiwi Berry:
Are you looking to find different ways to snack on this yummy kiwi berry? Five culinary uses of this mini berry include
- Kiwiberry can be sliced and easily used in salads such as the Kiwiberry salad, in different pastries, muffins, and in a Kiwiberry pie; mouth-watering isn’t it!
- Kiwiberry is also processed and puréed to make different delights such as salsas, salad dressings, even in jams, on cheesecakes, sherbet, in flavored yogurts, in other appetizers, and even in sauces for baked entrees.
- You can use Kiwiberry to make drinks.
The Season of Kiwiberry:
With umpteen health benefits and culinary uses, it’s a downside that this yummy mini berry has an abridged season. In the United States, kiwi berries are sold during September and part of October only. These mini berries have a short shelf life, and this is why quite a few grocers do not store them because they can quickly go wrong. They can only stay in supermarkets for up to 7 to 14 days, and if you have purchased them, make sure to finish them off in a week.
Where to Buy Kiwi Berries?
Not many grocery stores indeed have Kiwiberry. It has a high chance to go rancid quickly, but you can easily find it in Traders Joe’s, Whole Foods, and Sam’s Club. Try checking out your local natural food co-op. But if you do get a chance, grab them and enjoy this yummy seasonal fruit.
With the season of Kiwiberry, please make use of this informative article and quickly grab your share of Kiwiberry and enjoy eating it. Add it to smoothies, salads, and baked goods. You can conveniently find recipes online regarding kiwi berries. Make something and enjoy!
Other Fruits To Try
- Durian Fruit Benefit
- Rambutan Nutrition And Benefit
- Golden Honeydew
- Winter Melon
- Medjool Date And Benefit
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.