20-Minute Pasta with Asparagus, Bell Pepper and Tomatoes is so delicious and bursting with flavors and it is so easy to prepare!
This is another quick and easy dish that I love to make on busy nights. It cooks up in no time and it's colorful with lots of veggies. My hubby loves asparagus so I love to add some to my pasta dishes, like my Creamy Vegan Alfredo Pasta with Veggies. I used red lentil pasta that I bought from Trader Joes, it is gluten-free and only cooks up in 5 minutes. You can substitute your favorite pasta instead.
- 220 kcal / 920 kJ
- 13 g
- 5 g
- 22 g
- 20 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- 12 ounces pasta, such as Penne, Rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut in halves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds, (optional)
- Prepare Pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with warm water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add garlic, and bell pepper strips and cook for about 3 minutes until soft. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon to the pan, add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes. Stir in basil and cook for 30 seconds. Remove tomatoes onto the plate with garlic and bell peppers. Stir in asparagus and water. Cover pan and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add pasta, yeast flakes, salt pepper, and cooked vegetables and stir to combine. Stir in vegan cheese if using and allow to heat through about 2 minutes.