FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I had some extra sweet bing cherries on hand and decided to make this coconut cherry almond ice cream. I love the results: A delicious blend of coconut and cherry, with a subtle flavor of almond. I'm so crazy about homemade coconut ice cream I also shared my Strawberry Ice Cream and my Avocado Lime Popsicles recipes.
This Coconut Cherry Ice Creamy Is:
What Is The Difference Between Coconut Milk And Coconut Cream
Coconut cream makes this cherry ice cream very creamy without being icy. Coconut cream has less water than coconut milk, it is thick and creamy and perfect replacement for heavy cream that is in traditional dairy ice cream. Coconut milk has more water thank coconut cream.
Use a coconut cream that doesn't have preservative and lots of added ingredients to ensure the creamy texture of the ice cream. This is probably one of the fastest gourmet ice cream recipes you'll make.
How To Make Coconut Cherry Ice Cream
To Make Coconut Cherry Ice Cream, use either an ice cream machine or the no-churn method. Basically, place all the ingredients in a blender except 1/2 cup of the chopped cherries. Process until smooth.
Method 1 using an ice cream maker. Pour ice cream mixture in the ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's instructions. Add the 1/2 cup of chopped cherries at the end. Ice cream is ready to serve or you can scoop ice cream in a baking pan and freeze until firm.
Method 2 No-Churn. Pour ice cream mixture into a baking pan lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer. Stir ice cream every 30 minutes. After 1 hour stir in the chopped cherries and freeze until firm.
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 239 kcal / 999 kJ
- 13 g
- 2 g
- 21 g
- 5 min
- 2 h
- Ready in:
- 2 h 5 min
Instructions For Ice Cream Maker
- Place the coconut cream, sugar, 1 cup cherries, vanilla, and almond extract, in the blender, and process until smooth.
- Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your ice cream maker’s instructions to freeze. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of chopped cherries to the ice cream maker at the final stage when ice cream is firm enough. It is ready to serve as a soft serve or place in a parchment lined baking pan and freeze until firm. Enjoy :)
For Blender Method
- Place coconut Cream, sugar, 1 cup cherries, vanilla and almond extract in the blender and process until smooth.
- Pour ice cream mixture into a baking pan lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer. Stir ice cream every 30 minutes until firm but not fully frozen, stir in the remaining chopped cherries (about one hour). Return the ice cream into the freezer and freeze until firm (about 2 hours)
- To serve, allow ice cream to sit on the counter for about 15 minutes to soften, scoop and serve.