FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
The addition of diced butternut squash. potatoes, carrots, and dumpling made it robust for the cold.
How To Make Corn Soup Recipe
1. Use fresh or frozen corn., whichever you had on hand. Frozen corn is much easier to use and you can enjoy this recipe all year round using frozen corn.
2. Use vegetable broth or 2 vegetable bouillon plus 3 cups of water for a flavorful soup. Add salt to taste.
3. For a creamy soup, add coconut milk.
My family enjoyed this recipe so much, it was all gone when I served it.
For More Amazing Soup Recipes:
For Healthier Steps Soups And Stews Cookbook check HERE.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 cup butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups vegetable broth, or 3 cups water plus 2 vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot, add onion, garlic, and celery, cook stirring until onion is soft about 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, thyme, cumin, butternut squash, carrot, potato, corn and cook stirring for a minute. Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, cayenne pepper and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings. Add flour and salt into a medium bowl, add water to form a dough, break off pieces and roll between the palm of the hands to form a cylinder. Drop dumplings in boiling soup and repeat until dough is all gone.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until you have the desired thickness. Add salt to taste.