These Low Carb Eggplant Bites are the perfect and satisfying way to enjoy eggplant. They are flavorful, breaded with a delicious and crunchy breading and topped with fresh veggies and an almond cashew cheese sauce!
These Low Carb Eggplant Bites are vegan, gluten-free and low carb. if you are craving for pizza but dreading the carbs, well these delicious treats are just right for you! I found myself craving for a gluten-free pizza but I didn't have all the ingredients to make my Mediterranean Pumpkin Pizza, and we had run out of store-bought Daiya Pizza.
I decided to whip up this easy to prepare, Low Carb Eggplant Bites and they were so delicious. I added my favorite toppings, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and a delicious and creamy almond sauce. For the breading, I used seasoned almond flour as the base after dipping the eggplant slices in a mixture of vegan mayo and almond milk. if you don't have vegan mayo almond milk mixed in a little cornstarch is fine.
- 99 kcal / 414 kJ
- 7 g
- 3 g
- 6 g
- 15 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 35 min
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespooon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Almond Cheese Sauce
For The Breading
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil and set aside. Mix vegan mayo and almond milk in a medium bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine breading ingredients, almond flour, nutritional yeast flakes, onion powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and mix well.
- Dip each slice of eggplant in the mayonnaise mixture, then coat completely on both sides with the breading and lay in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Meanwhile, eggplant is in the oven, prepare the almond cheese sauce.
For The Almond Cheese Sauce
- Place ingredients for almond cheese sauce in a high-speed blender, almond flour, water, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and process until smooth and creamy.
- To serve Eggplant bites, place prepared eggplant slices on a serving platter and top with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, basil leaves and almond cheese sauce. Serve immediately!