These Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes are the perfect colorful side dish for your holiday table, they are so pretty! This classic Thanksgiving side dish will be a tasty addition to your Thanksgiving menu.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
What Flavor Profile Do Brussel Sprouts Have When Roasted?
Roasting vegetables is one of the best ways to enjoy them especially if you are serving people who hate eating vegetables.
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes are easy to make and the maple syrup and smoked paprika add a delicious sweet, nutty, crunchy, and smoky flavor! Prepare these maple roasted Brussel Sprouts for the holidays and watch your guests being so impressed.
Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts Ingredients
- Brussel Sprouts – You can find Brussel Sprouts in your local super, they even come on the stalk. Make sure the leaves are vibrant green and not bruised and brown.
- Sweet Potatoes – I used both orange and purple sweet purple but it is fine to use the more popular orange flesh sweet potatoes.
- Olive Oil – a little olive oil to help with the caramelization of the vegetables.
- Garlic – I love a lot of garlic, so I used 4 cloves. You can use more or less according to your taste.
- Maple Syrup – I added the maple syrup to bring out the sweet flavors of this dish, you can substitute the maple syrup with agave.
- Lemon Juice – balances out the sweet flavors giving a fresh, vibrant taste. You can substitute the lemon juice with lime juice.
- Smoked Paprika – for a delicious smokey flavor this smoke paprika is amazing, you can substitute with liquid smoke.
- Salt – sea salt is perfect to use.
How To Make Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper.
- Place Brussels sprouts, cubed sweet potatoes, olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, lemon juiced, smoked paprika, and salt in a large bowl and toss to fully coat.
- Spread veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway until tender.
I added purple sweet potatoes just for the color so you can just use regular orange-fleshed sweet potatoes.
My son Daevyd was so fascinated with seeing Brussels Sprouts on their trunk, I just had to capture the moment. I knew that he would most likely enjoy them once they are roasted.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Do You Wash Brussel Sprouts Before Cooking?
Yes, you should wash Brussel Sprouts before cooking. Sometimes bugs, dirt, or sand can be trapped under the skin.
Can You Prepare Brussel Sprouts In Advance?
Absolutely, yes you can wash and clean Brussel Sprouts the day before and refrigerate.
Why Are My Brussel Sprouts Bitter?
Brussel Sprouts contain a compound called thiocyanates during cooking. Preparing your Brussel sprouts with sweet potatoes and maple syrup will mask the bitter flavor.
How Do You Know When Brussel Sprouts Are Cooked?
When your Brussel sprouts are crisp on the outside and tender when pressed or pierced with a fork.
More Holiday Sides To Try
- Vegan Mac And Cheese
- Vegan Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Vegan Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Skillet Cornbread
- Roasted Brussel Sprout Stalk
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 264 kcal / 1104 kJ
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Carbs: 46 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- For: 4 people
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper.
- Place Brussels sprouts, cubed sweet potatoes, olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, lemon juiced, smoked paprika and salt in a large bowl and toss to fully coat.
- Spread veggies in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway until tender.