This flavorful raisin fried rice is ideal rice to adorn a dinner table. Prepared with raisins and mixed vegetables and has subtle flavors. Serve it by itself or with other main dishes to add a festive flair. The cooking time for this quick and easy rice is approximately 20 minutes.
If you’ve ever eaten in an Indian, or Middle Eastern restaurant, you’ve probably seen a savory rice dish with nuts and fruit. It is fairly common, as well as very festive. It frequently goes with recipes that contain meat.
This vegan version of fried rice has that certain something that makes it a go-to for a cozy dinner.
Who wants to make something beautiful after a long day at the office? There’s no need to spend more than 40 minutes in the kitchen to make raisin fried rice (and maybe a lot less if you prepped some rice on Sunday!).
The nicest part about this fried rice is that it is popular among children. I made it frequently, and now my kids also love it. The flavor is so exhorted when combined with the soy sauce, and the raisin becomes incredibly soft and melts in your mouth. This serves as a complete meal for my children.
How do you feel? Will you make this recipe for Raisin fried rice? It tastes scrumptious and good! Try it out!
Why You’ll Love This Raisin Fried Rice Recipe
- Easy to Make: It’s a quick and easy dish that can be prepared in under 20 minutes.
- Simple Ingredients: In addition to rice with readily available raisins, the majority of the ingredients are straightforward pantry staples.
- Bursting with flavor. This raisin fried rice lacks any flavor at all! It is savory, salty, and wonderful.
- You may make this fried rice however you like. To this recipe, you can add more vegetables, protein, or sauces you choose.
- Meal preparation: Want to prepare it beforehand? Do it now! This recipe’s ability to keep for a week in the refrigerator is one of my favorite features. Before serving, simply reheat it in a pan over the stove.
- Utilize all the remaining vegetables. You know, the sad-looking carrots in your refrigerator, the wrinkled red pepper you considered throwing out, and the wilted spinach you neglected to use? This dish for raisin fried rice uses all of those!
- It’s healthy to eat brown fried rice! Whole grains and veggies make this dish more nutritious and filling!
You only need the following ingredients:
- Brown rice: cooked rice is used in this dish. I strongly advise making it ahead of time and letting it cool completely. In order to make the best fried rice, use cold rice. For the fluffiest texture, use long-grain brown rice, such as jasmine, if at all possible. If the medium grain is all you have, like basmati, you can still use it, but you should avoid short grain because it tends to be quite mushy.
- Mixed veggies: I’ll be utilizing diced fresh carrots and frozen peas. You may instead use a frozen combination of peas and carrots and omit to dice the carrots.
- Raisins: This type of fried rice uses raisins, but additional possibilities include chopped dry dates and currants.
- Garlic: Use fresh garlic only; avoid garlic powder. This is necessary for the dish to have a lot of flavors.
- Shallots: Use white onions or red onions if you do not have shallots onions.
- Salt: I used pink salt. But you can use your favorite one.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are a fantastic way to give your food a deep, nutty flavor and aroma!
- Scallions: Additionally known as a green onion. If necessary, you can use any type of onion you have on hand, but scallions work best.
- Soya sauce: To make this fried rice, I used soy sauce, but tamari would work well as a gluten-free substitute. Coconut aminos is an excellent replacement for soy if you are allergic to it. Alternatively, you might use the same quantity of vegetable stock or water and add salt.
- Olive oil: You can use any neutral oil, including olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil.
How To Make Raisin Fried Rice?
- Wash and boil brown rice.
- In a pan, sauté garlic, and onions.
- Add veggies and raisins and fry for a minute.
- Add boiled brown rice with salt n soya sauce.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes
- Add sesame seeds and scallions.
- Mix and serve!
What To Serve It With?
Serve with a choice of gravy or on their own! Serve with some plain yogurt and fresh salad!! The earthy aromas of the spices are nicely contrasted and balanced by the chilled yogurt and crunchy cucumber.
- Refrigerate: If you have any leftover raisin fried rice, put it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer: You can store food in a zip lock bag or freezer-safe container for up to a month in the freezer. Before putting the raisin fried rice in the freezer, make sure to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Reheat: Microwave it or heat it on the stovetop with a little water until it’s thoroughly warm.
Tips And Tricks
- Be sure to thoroughly rinse the rice until the water is clear. This method removes the majority of the starch, resulting in rice grains that are separate.
- Depending on the instructions on the packaging, soak your rice for anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes for Basmati rice and two hours for Sella rice.
- Make sure the raisins are soft and swollen and make sure the veggies are not still raw.
- For the greatest results, use a wok. In order to prevent veggies from overcooking, it works best while stir-frying them. Use a big skillet in its place if you do not have one.
- Before cooking, preheat the pan. When the ingredients are added to the pan, they ought to sizzle.
- For this dish, you can use butter, oil, or ghee.
- The fried rice is traditionally made using basmati rice, although any white rice would suffice.
- Have fun with the ingredients. For example, you could use dried currants, dried cherries, or dried dates.
- You can also include fresh pomegranate seeds, chopped fresh herbs like parsley and mint, or candied lemon peel in place of sesame seeds.
- This recipe for fried rice allows you a lot of customization! It is one of them that is ideal for clearing out the refrigerator’s produce drawer.
- Add extra vegetables. You can use anything you want because the possibilities are endless here. Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, green onions, greens, bean sprouts, or eggplant.
- Add a little ginger. Prepare the fresh ginger by grating or chopping it and adding it to the pan with the onions and garlic.
- Add some pineapple. The savory and sweet flavors blend beautifully!
- Make it hot. Spice it up with cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, hot chili oil, or diced fresh chilies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Rice Vegan?
Yes! All types of rice, including Basmati, Jasmine, and Brown rice, are suitable for vegans. Pre-packaged cooked rice dishes, such as fried rice, may contain animal ingredients or animal by-products, however, uncooked rice is always vegan.
How Long Will This Raisin Fried Rice Keep?
This dish will last three to four days in the refrigerator. It can be frozen for up to one month.
Can I Use Frozen Vegetables to Make This Fried Rice?
Yes! You can certainly use frozen vegetables in place of fresh ones if you wish. When making this fried rice recipe, you may frequently find frozen mixed vegetables that include a variety of carrots, peas, and other vegetables. The frozen vegetables can be partially defrosted on the counter before you proceed with the dish.
Are Raisins Savory?
Of course, raisins are sweet. I’m sure you’re aware of that by now. They offer texture to dishes, unlike sugar or honey, which simply dissolve when added.
What Gives Fried Rice Its Flavor?
Garlic, soy sauce, and sometimes ginger is used to season fried food, which gives it its taste. The flavor and texture are enhanced by using cold rice, which makes the rice firmer, and by cooking the vegetables rapidly so they maintain their crunch.
Can You Fry Uncooked Brown Rice?
No, rice needs to be boiled in water first to soften it before being fried.
Is Fried Rice Better with White or Brown Rice?
Either one! White rice is usually used to make fried rice, but brown rice (which is a whole grain) has additional nutrients if you want to eat something healthier.
Which Color Raisins Are Healthiest?
In comparison to regular raisins, golden raisins contain more flavonoids and phytonutrients that give plants their color and have antioxidant effects.
Are Raisins Junk Food?
Raisins are a nutrient-dense, minimally processed food that contains no extra additives or preservatives. However, due to their high sugar and calorie content, they should be consumed in moderation.
Other Raisin and fried rice recipes
- Vegan Carrot Raisin Salad
- Quinoa Fried Rice
- Marinated Tofu Fried Rice
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Spring Fried Rice
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Energy: 133 kcal / 556 kJ
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Carbs: 20.4 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- For: 4 servings
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a saucepan, add onions, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add mixed vegetables and raisins and stir to coat.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix soy sauce, the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, and green onion in a bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Add to the rice and vegetables and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining green onion and sesame seeds.