This recipe for vegan split pea soup is a staple that can be enjoyed all year round. You get to add lots of veggies with this comforting and hearty soup. When I’m stuck with what to prepare for dinner I love to make this recipe. I sometimes serve it with rice but today I decided to serve it with toasted Gluten Free Bread instead. Talk about comfort!
- 2 kcal / 8 kJ
- 20 g
- 103 g
- 319 g
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated onion powder , chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic , minced
- 1 cup celery , chopped
- 1 carrot , chopped
- 1 medium baby potatoes , diced
- 2 cups green split peas , sorted and rinced
- 7-8 cups vegetable broth , or water
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 sprig thyme , or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- sea salt , to taste
- sliced green onion , for garnish
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 45 min
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and celery until onion is soft.
- Stir in carrot, potato, split peas, broth and seasonings. Cover pot, and bring to boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for one hour. Discard bay leaf and add salt to taste. Serve in a bowl with chives to garnish.
I have also made this soup in a slow cook, just put all the ingredients in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!