This recipe for vegan split pea soup is a staple that can be enjoyed all year round. You get to add lots of veggies with this comforting and hearty soup. When I’m stuck with what to prepare for dinner I love to make this recipe. I sometimes serve it with rice but today I decided to serve it with toasted Gluten Free Bread instead. Talk about comfort!
- 2 kcal / 8 kJ
- 20 g
- 103 g
- 319 g
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated onion powder, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium baby potatoes, diced
- 2 cups green split peas, sorted and rinced
- 7-8 cups vegetable broth, or water
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 sprig thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- sea salt, to taste
- sliced green onion, for garnish
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 45 min
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and celery until onion is soft.
Stir in carrot, potato, split peas, broth and seasonings. Cover pot, and bring to boil.
Reduce to a simmer for one hour. Discard bay leaf and add salt to taste. Serve in a bowl with chives to garnish.
I have also made this soup in a slow cook, just put all the ingredients in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!