FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
After I made the most delicate and moist Vegan Gluten-Free Cake for the 4th of July my family kept asking me to make more. My husband’s favorite flavor is banana and since I’m always making him banana breads like my Strawberry Banana Bread, and Banana Upside Down Cake.
I decided I was going to make him the best banana cake ever and I happy to say that I didn’t disappoint him. It was the best ever and my family enjoyed it.
It was soft and overindulgent with every bite, so addictive so I recommend you serve this cake for special occasions. If you are a banana lover, this banana cake with cream cheese frosting is definitely for you!
My moist banana cake recipe from scratch came out so delicious and I didn’t use a store-bought gluten-free flour blend, I also recommend that you try it first as is and not do any substitutions.
My readers are loving my scratch recipes more and I prefer them as well because I can better determine how the recipe will turn out. No two store-bought gluten-free flour blends are the same in texture or taste so It’s hard to guarantee the final outcome.
Make sure your bananas fully ripen, that is they have spots on them and not just yellow. The ones with spots guarantee that your vegan banana cake has the right sweetness and banana flavor.
How To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Cake
- To make the best vegan banana cake, I used a combination of brown rice flour and almond flour as the base. I used Bob’s Red Mills Brown Rice flour, Golden Flaxseed Meal, and Almond Flour
- It is so easy to prepare, just mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl except for the flaxseed meal, then mix the flaxseed meal with almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Next, you combine both the wet and dry ingredients and mix until smooth, stir in the mashed bananas. Scoop batter in prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely then spread frosting.
I love to keep my cake out of the refrigerator and consume it in 2 days. I don’t like to put my vegan cakes in the refrigerator. However, I will put the frosting in the refrigerator to thicken up but once I frost the cake it has to stay out on the kitchen counter.
Otherwise, I noticed that my vegan banana cake will become dense. So, if it’s going to be around for longer, I cut my cake in portions, store in an airtight container, and freeze mine until I need it. Then I can easily defrost and enjoy.
For Other Delicious, Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Cake Recipes Try My:
- Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
- Vegan Gluten-Free Blackberry Cake
- Orange Almond Cake
- Jamaican Christmas Cake
- Vegan, Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 203 kcal / 849 kJ
- Fat: 12 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbs: 22 g
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 h 5 min
- For: 30 servings
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 x 15 inches pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond milk. coconut oil, flaxseed meal, vanilla and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown rice flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour almond milk mixture in the flour mixture and mix until smooth batter is formed. Stir in mash bananas and spread into the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer pan onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Spead onto cooled cake.
A note on pans, I used a 15×10 glass rectangular dish for this recipe. You could use a 13×9 dish also but you might have to bake longer and just make sure cake is done in the center.