Lemon salad dressing is vegan. Quick and super tasteful. It is a perfect black of sweet, savory, and sour flavors. The freshness of this dressing is just what you need to revive your simple salad.
If you are a salad lover, you will know the importance of salad dressing. Although vegetables and leafy greens have their natural flavors, sometimes you need a punch of more flavors to make your salad a treat for your taste buds.
Here are more amazing homemade salad dressings, Creamy Asian Salad Dressing, and Vegan Ranch.
For those who think salads are boring, wait until you dress your favorite salad with this lemon salad dressing. This lemony vinaigrette is a combination of refreshing, sweet, acidic, and peppery flavors.
The base of this salad is olive oil, whereas the acidity and citrusy flavor come from the lemon juice. To neutralize the tanginess, we have maple syrup, and for a pop of fresh and peppery flavors, you are using fresh herbs like oregano, basil, and parsley. All in all, this lemon salad dressing is an amazing dressing for your salad. The best part is, you can make it in a large batch and refrigerate for up to 7 days. This way, you can enjoy the infused flavors each day on different salads without getting bored.
Making salad dressings are very simple and easy. The same goes with this lemon salad dressing recipe. It is quick, and the ingredients are very simple. You can find the ingredients in your vegan kitchen pantry. Here is everything you will need to make this quick salad dressing:
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a base for almost all salad dressings. The reason? Well, it brings in richness and gives body to the dressing. Plus, it spreads more easily because it is an oil and sticks to almost every element. So, you can taste the dressing in every bite.
- Lemon juice: The freshness, tanginess, and citrusy flavor you get in a dressing are because of the melon juice. It is the highlight of this dressing. Make sure you freshly juice the lemons. Moreover, if you don’t have lemons, go for limes. You will get the same citrusy flavor.
- Garlic: The intense and deep flavor and kick come from garlic. If you are not a big fan of the garlicky flavor, you can use garlic powder as it is slightly less strong than actual garlic.
- Maple syrup: You need a sweet ingredient to balance out the flavor when you have so much acidity and tanginess. And what other ingredient is better than maple syrup. It offers sweetness and toffee-like flavor, which not just balances out the taste of the dressing but adds some as well. If you don’t have maple syrup, feel free to use agave syrup.
- Oregano: Fresh oregano has an earthy and bold flavor with a hint of bitterness. Its herbaceous, slightly spicy, and sweet flavor stands out pretty well. If you don’t have fresh oregano, use dried oregano.
- Basil: Fresh basil is aromatic and has a peppery, minty, and savory flavor.
- Parsley: This green herb has an earthy and peppery flavor. Its mild flavor is clean and simple. You can use cilantro instead of parsley as well.
- Salt: Adding salt also balances out the flavor of this dressing.
How to make Lemon Salad Dressing?
Making this lemon salad dressing is the easiest and quickest thing you can do. If you have all the ingredients available, you can fix a salad in no more than 10 minutes using this dressing. Here is how you can make it:
Step 1: First, add olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, maple syrup in a mason jar.
Step 2: Next, finely chop the fresh herbs and add them into the Mason jar along with salt.
Step 3: Seal the jar with a lid and shake for 30 to 60 seconds or until everything is unified and you get a cloudy mixture.
Step 4: Let the dressing sit for a few minutes so that the flavors are infused. Use as desired on your favorite salad and store the rest in the refrigerator.
How to store Lemon Salad Dressing?
Storing this lemon Vinaigrette is very easy. Simply store the leftover lemon salad dressing in a mason jar and refrigerate. It will last for up to 7 days in the refrigerator. Drizzle it over your favorite salad. This dressing is super convenient.
Other Lemon Recipes To Prepare
- Lemon Water
- Cucumber Lemon Water
- Vegan Lemon Cake
- Vegan Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake
- Lemon Pie
- Butter Bean Lemon Hummus
- Lemon Garlic Swiss Chard
If you enjoyed this post about Lemon Salad Dressing and would love to see more, join me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Categories: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Course: Salad Dressing
- Cuisine: American
- Energy: 59 kcal / 247 kJ
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Carbs: 1 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- For: 8 Servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a mason jar, add olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, maple syrup, and herbs.
- Seal the jar with a lid and shake for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Use as desired and store the rest in the refrigerator.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Transfer to a jar.
Lemon salad dressing is perfect sweet and freshness
Lemon salad dressing is Vegan quick and super tasteful