I have been meaning to make this recipe ever since I made my Oven Baked Potato Chips which was a long time ago. These homemade Oven Baked BBQ Potato Chips are so easy to prepare, you just wash and slice potatoes ( you don’t need to peel the skin). I like to dry the slices, then toss with oil, seasoning, and bake.
- Categories: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Energy: 187 kcal / 782 kJ
- Fat: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbs: 35 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- For: 4 servings
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, (avocado oil)
- 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cane sugar, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper that is lightly oiled. Scrub and slice potatoes thinly as possible. Dry slices using a paper towel. Toss potato slices in olive oil and set aside.
- Combine yeast flakes, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Toss potato with seasoning mix and spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on thickness, turnover halfway through and remove any chips that are done before time.
- Transfer to a wire rack to further crisp up
Do you have a recipe for bbq potato chips in an air fryer?
Chris, not yet.
found this recipe…looking forward to my results…thank you for keeping it simple
Chris you are welcome.I hope you enjoy!
What is the purpose of yeast flakes? Can it be omitted? Wanted to make these for someone on a gluten/yeast free diet.
Hello Rose, yes you can leave it out. It does add flavor it will still taste great.
Thank you for this recipe!!
You are welcome.
I can’t wait to try this!!
This was so easy to prepare and delicious. I couldn’t stop eating them!
So happy you enjoyed it!