This flavorful roasted pepper soup would make a delicious lunch. After roasting, the peppers are added to the soup along with the cream. The rich and creamy soup is both tasty and filling.
Let me venture a guess. You have decided to be friendlier to your neighbor, devote more time to your children, enroll in a course at the local community college, exercise regularly, or lose 10 pounds this year. Is it correct?
We all prefer to include a healthy objective on our New Year’s resolutions list. After two months of indulging in oven-baked foods smothered in gravy, Christmas cookies, and big cheese plates, it’s time for a thorough cleaning.
Benefits Of Roasted Pepper Soup
The addition of nutritious vegetable soup to your diet is strongly recommended.
Soup can help you feel full while significantly reducing the calories, fat, and carbohydrates in your meals.
This soup made with roasted peppers is low in calories, low in carbs, and free of dairy and gluten.
It is incredibly filling thanks to the fresh roasted peppers’ bright sweet and tangy flavor as well as the roasted garlic, herbs, and kick of spice. Additionally, it makes a fantastic lunch leftover to bring to work. When your coworkers smell your creamy roasted pepper soup, they will be eager to peek over your cubicle.
Roasted pepper soup is a hearty, flavorful, and comforting soup that is perfect for a cold winter day. Roasted red peppers give the soup it’s signature sweet and smoky flavor. The peppers are blended with vegetables and spices to create a creamy and satisfying soup that is sure to warm you up from the inside out.
My husband loves roasted pepper soup, and this particular version is one of his favorites. He has often asked me to cook it for him.
Whether you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a comforting meal to share with friends and family, roasted pepper soup is a delicious and satisfying choice. Also, check out my Vegan soup recipes and the Best Jamaican Soup recipes.
You might want to prepare two batches!
As always, scroll down for the detailed recipe, but I request you don’t skip reading the important information included in the blurb.
Why You’ll Love This Soup?
- It is quick and simple. Only a few pantry ingredients are required, and the entire process takes only 30 minutes! I do not know what else would say WEEKNIGHT DINNER like that! If you make this on Sunday, you’ll have lunches for the whole week.
- Incredible flavors are present. Peppers that have been roasted, veggies, and coconut cream. The crucial component that elevates this soup to a higher level is the spices.
- If you liked this pepper soup, you should try my creamy Vegan Tomato Soup, Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Soup, or Instant Pot Vegan Lentil Soup.
- This soup is incredibly simple to make and is rich, colorful, flavorful, and velvety smooth.
- It’s cooked using bright red veggies like tomatoes, carrots, and red peppers and is high in antioxidants and other minerals.
- In addition to being vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free, this keto soup is absolutely tasty and comforting!
- It can be served as a main course or a side dish. Simply alter the serving size based on how you intend to use it! It is light enough to be a side dish but substantial enough to be a main meal.
- Budget-friendly. This dish is a great method to reduce your grocery bill because it just calls for a small number of basic ingredients. Even making your own roasted peppers will save you money.
- It can be cooked in batches, portioned, and stored for up to 5 months in the freezer.
This wonderful, creamy soup made with roasted peppers is made with basic, healthy ingredients!
- Bell peppers (red, yellow, orange): This soup comes together quickly thanks to roasted peppers in jars! But freshly roasted peppers are also good.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes also set a base for the soup. Besides, they also add a tangy flavor to the dish. In other words, tomatoes lift the flavors.
- Carrots: Carrot is a tasty addition to this soup. They’re not only delicious but nutritious as well.
- Garlic: Garlic gives the soup a richer flavor.
- Coconut cream: Use full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream to make this dish vegan. If you want the perfect texture, use dairy cream with 20% fat.
- Salt: I use sea salt but any natural salt is great
- Red chili flakes: Adds a subtle amount of heat.
- Mixed herbs: Dried herb blend that gives this soup taste as well as the aroma.
- Oil: Any kind of oil can be used.
How To Make Roasted Pepper Soup?
- Roast all the peppers along with tomatoes, garlic, and carrots in the oven for about 30-35 minutes at 200.
- After the veggies are nice and toasted, blend them with coconut cream.
- You may adjust the consistency with some more cream or veggie broth, but I prefer it thick with some nice toasted bread!!
How To Serve Roasted Pepper Soup?
Roasted pepper soup is often paired with a grilled cheese sandwich. We love this tasty soup with some crispy Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls, a few slices of buttered Vegan Meatloaf Sandwich, or Spinach Pakora. Or why not try it with some Veg Kofta Curry, Vegan Teriyaki Meatballs, and a bowl of Simple Quinoa Salad Recipe to make it a vegan feast?
Make Ahead, Storage, And Reheating
- Make Ahead: A great dish to prepare ahead of time is this simple roasted pepper soup. The tastes simply improve over time!
- Storage: For up to a week, keep leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Reheating: Warm the soup in a pot over medium heat while stirring from time to time. After reheating, add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Top Tips From The Chef
- This soup can be made with canned tomatoes. Can be added a little bit of sugar to offset the acidity!
- It is very recommended to roast the vegetables to give this soup a rich, deep flavor. You can omit to roast all veggies. The soup will still be excellent but will taste lighter.
- Use a large baking sheet or roasting pan when roasting your vegetables to prevent overcrowding. You’ll have single-layered vegetables that will roast nicely this way.
- Don’t fill the blender too full (if using one). For this recipe, I prefer to use my immersion blender, but a standard blender would also work. Just don’t put more than half of the ingredients in at a time or you’ll end up with a mess.
- Make extra so you can store some for later. With some additional time, the flavors in this soup really blossom. Moreover, it freezes well.
- Adjust the spice level. If your family does not enjoy spicy foods, you may skip the red pepper flakes. You could also keep adding more heat if you want more.
- Before roasting the vegetables, chop them up. Carrots will cook more quickly if you cut them into smaller pieces. If you do some prep work before you start cooking them, it will be easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Roasted Peppers Bad For You?
A delightful, flavorful method to get a ton of nutrients is through roasted peppers. With their soft texture and smokey flavor, they are a simple way to get the nutritional advantages of fresh vegetables. Additionally, they have few calories.
Can You Eat Roasted Peppers From The Jar?
Yes, you can! Peppers that have been roasted to perfection are ready to be eaten right out of the jar. Jarred roasted peppers are a convenient shortcut that will help you serve dinner in mins.
How Long Will This Soup Last?
Use this soup within two to three days. Simply place it in the refrigerator after it has cooled and transferred to a container. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
Can I Freeze This Soup?
You can freeze this, yes. Let the soup cool before transferring it to a freezer-safe container and placing it in the freezer. To defrost, remove the soup from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Heat on the stove until it’s piping hot.
Which Bell Pepper Is Healthiest?
The healthiest pepper is the red bell pepper since it contains the greatest nutrients. This is because of the fact that they have spent more time on the vine than orange, yellow, and green peppers, in that order as well.
How Long Does An Opened Jar Of Roasted Peppers Last?
If you don’t use all of the peppers in this soup, store the rest for another batch or use them in another pepper recipe. They should remain good for 1-2 months if you place them in the refrigerator and cover them.
What Are The Most Popular Toppings For Soup?
If you want to add something, go ahead. I vegan cheese, coconut yogurt, or vegan sour cream. Croutons, crackers, fresh jalapenos, toasted seeds, and gluten-free chips are common accompaniments.
Give this recipe a try. I hope you like and enjoy this soup. And, don’t forget to share your feedback in the comments!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Energy: 336 kcal / 1404 kJ
- Fat: 15.9 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Carbs: 49.1 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- For: 4 servings
- In a baking tray, line all the bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots and garlic.
- Sprinkle salt, red chili flakes, and Italian seasoning along with oil.
- Roast all the veggies in the oven for 30 minutes at 380 F.
- After the veggies are roasted, put them all in the blender with the can of coconut cream.
- Blend it all, you may adjust the consistency with some more coconut milk, but I prefer it thick with some nice toasted bread!!