After you outdid yourself with all that holiday cooking, what better way to take a break and treat your family and friends with a leftover meatloaf sandwich.
So many foods go to waste after Thanksgiving, the alarming data is saying that over 40%. Recycling some of your leftover Thanksgiving food is one sure way of reducing food waste.
This delicious Vegan Meatloaf recipe is easy to prepare and full of flavors. Also try these recipes using leftovers, Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs, Lentil Meatballs With Cranberry Sauce, and Leftover Thanksgiving Fried Rice.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Last month, I made a Vegan Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich which was a huge hit. So I decided to prepare this amazing vegan leftover meatloaf sandwich after Christmas.
To make it vegan and gluten-free, use my flavorful or Lentil Meatballs recipe to prepare this absolutely delicious Vegan Meatloaf Sandwich.
What To Be Put On A Vegan Meatloaf Sandwich?
All you need is:
- Lentil loaf slices – cut leftover Lentil Loaf into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Bread – I used gluten-free vegan bread.
- Cranberry sauce – I prefer to use homemade versions of cranberry sauce for the best flavor and fresh ingredients. Here are some of our Favorite Cranberry Sauces.
- Vegan cheese slices – you can use store-bought vegan cheese, there are many on the market here in the supermarkets in the USA. Here is our Homemade Vegan Cheese.
- Vegan Mayonnaise – this is optional but added a lovely creamy flavor to your sandwich. This creamy Homemade Vegan Mayonnaise is the answer.
How To Make A Vegan Meat Loaf Sandwich?
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high, add a slice of lentil loaf, and cook on both sides until heated through.
- Spread 1 slice of bread ( I used a local gluten-free vegan bread) with vegan mayonnaise, I love to use Just Mayo by Hampton Creek or a healthier homemade Vegan Ranch.
- Top with a slice of red onion, followed by a slice of lentil loaf.
- Place a slice of vegan cheese on top of lentil loaf. For store-bought, love Chao, Follow Your Heart, or Daiya brands.
- Spread a dollop of cranberry sauce and top with the other slice of bread.
You can also make a grilled meatloaf sandwich if you prefer, spread vegan butter on tops and bottoms of sandwiches, and brown in a skillet over medium-low heat.
Other Leftover Recipes To Try:
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 432 kcal / 1806 kJ
- Fat: 18 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Carbs: 40 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- For: 1 Sandwich
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high, add a slice of lentil loaf and cook on both sides until heated through.
- Spread vegan mayonnaise on one slice of bread. Top with a slice of red onion, followed by a slice of lentil loaf.
- Top with a slice of vegan cheese, next spread a layer of cranberry sauce. Place the other slice of bread on top.
- You can grill the sandwich by spreading vegan butter on tops and bottoms of sandwiches and brown in a skillet over medium-low heat.