If you don’t love Kale then this Thai Kale Salad With Creamy Peanut Sauce is the perfect recipe to try. It is bursting with flavor and is healthy. The sauce is made with simple ingredients and it’s sugar-free.
I decided to update my photos, this recipe was originally published on April 29, 2015.
This Thai Kale salad with peanut sauce will quickly become your favorite salad! It is overflowing with flavor, nutrient-dense, and tossed in the creamiest peanut sauce, which I could honestly enjoy with anything.
If you’re not a salad lover, prepare to change your mind. This salad may be tailored to your preferences and is quick and healthy. You can use any vegetables you have available, but I like this combination because it has so many different flavors and textures.
The creamy peanut sauce is one of my new favorites. It has a rich flavor and a smooth texture. A salad is just as delicious as its sauce, I always say. The days of fearing creamy sauces are long gone, am I right?
The body needs fat. In fact, some meals include fat-soluble vitamins, which our systems need in order to effectively absorb them.
This salad is one that I make once a week, usually on the weekend, but it’s also a staple for the weekdays. It’s a great way to use up the leftover produce in the fridge, as I always seem to have a single serving of each veggie plus a few extra greens.
This salad will provide a tropical experience for your taste buds. This Thai-style kale salad with peanut sauce is anything but a plain salad.
Serve this Asian Kale Salad with Easy Fried Rice, Sesame Tofu, and Chinese Eggplant With Garlic Sauce.
Scroll down for the detailed recipe, but I suggest reading the complete blog for useful information and tips.
Reasons You Will Love This Thai Kale Salad With Peanut Sauce:
- This rainbow salad is so lovely!
- It is quick and simple to prepare.
- It’s packed with nutritious vegetables.
- It’s ideal for a meat-free meal.
- It has a wide range of flavors and textures.
- It is both dairy-free and vegan.
- The next day, it tastes fantastic as leftovers for lunch.
- Something sweet to balance the flavors, such as dried fruit or a touch of sugar in the sauce
- This Thai Kale salad is the ideal salad to prepare ahead of time for summer gatherings and meal prep. The sturdy vegetables can be dressed and stored in the fridge for a few days without losing their texture or flavor.
- This salad is loaded with fiber and nutrients and is made up of a range of vibrant vegetables.
- Can be made using any crunchy vegetables.
- This Thai kale Salad is ideal for anyone who has vegan, vegetarian, plant-based, raw, dairy-free, low-carb, gluten-free, soy-free, and sugar-free dietary choices or restrictions.
Thai Kale Salad Ingredients
Kale salad with peanut sauce is a simple and easy dish to prepare, you basically toss the prepared vegetables together in a bowl with the peanut sauce. Here’s the list of the required ingredients:
- Kale: as a basis for the salad. Don’t forget to massage it thoroughly! Trust!
- Cabbage: for a tasty crunch.
- Bell Pepper: and a lovely color as well.
- Green Onion: add a little onion flavor.
- Peanuts: Handful of crushed peanuts for topping.
For Creamy Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- Peanut butter: You can use almond or sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter for a peanut-free sauce.
- Lemon juice: This salad is unbeatable because of the zesty addition of fresh lemon!
- Coconut sugar: Liquid sweeteners can be used in place of coconut sugar, such as maple syrup, brown rice syrup, and agave syrup.
- Bragg liquid aminos, or coconut aminos: Made from soya beans, this sauce will fulfill the need for protein. It is a crucial ingredient in vegan recipes, and I simply love it. It is also gluten-free, so no worries there.
- Olive oil: I used olive oil. Why? Because it is healthy. However, you can use your favorite or available one.
- Garlic: Because it adds so much flavor, garlic is a necessity in this dish.
- Fresh ginger: The addition of ginger adds a Thai flavor.
- Sesame oil: Sesame oil is used because of its lovely scent and flavor.
- Salt: Added for flavor.
How To Make Thai Kale Salad with Creamy Peanut Ginger sauce
- Toss vegetables (kale, cabbage, bell pepper, green onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk sauce ingredients in a smaller bowl until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the salad, toss to coat the salad, and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.
How To Serve?
This Thai kale salad pairs well with any of these entrees as a side dish:
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Tofu Peanut Noodles
- Thai Coconut Curry Tofu
- Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice
This is also a great addition to a sandwich or wraps for lunch.
Serve with a bowl of vegetable tortellini soup.
Pro Chef Tips:
- Tuscan kale is often referred to as Lacinato kale. It is ideal for raw salads because it is not as rigid as curly kale. Be sure to remove the kale’s stems before chopping.
- Make sure you dry the kale thoroughly after washing. Use a clean towel, salad spinner, or paper towel.
- Use high-quality peanut butter to get its greatest flavor. This will drastically improve the flavor of your sauce. Peanut butter should ideally include just peanuts and a little amount of salt. However, if you don’t have any good PB on hand, make do with what you have!
This salad is delicious as both a side dish and a main course for vegetarians. Here are some suggestions for ingredients to include or remove from this kale salad.
- Make a bowl of grains: Try serving this salad with cooked quinoa, rice, or farro.
- Veggies: Change or include more vegetables. Cucumbers, avocados, or broccoli.
- Try different cheeses: A nice addition to this salad would be vegan Feta or Parmesan cheese.
- Add something sweet: such as roasted sweet potatoes.
- Try a new variety of lettuce: instead of Kale try Romaine, spinach, or a type of cabbage like red, white, or napa.
- Hearty Meal: Make it filling by adding hearty ingredients, such as quinoa, vermicelli, soba, thin rice noodles, or gluten-free soba.
- Change the peanut butter: For a slightly distinct flavor profile, try almond or cashew butter.
- Spiciness: Red pepper flakes give this salad a fiery kick, so if you like your food spicy, use them. You can top it with some sriracha if you prefer it hotter.
- Make it nut-free: For the peanut sauce, to make it nut-free, substitute the peanut butter for sunflower butter, tahini, or hemp butter. Sprinkle salad with hemp seeds, sesame seeds, or sunflower seeds
- Sugar: You can also remove the coconut sugar and use Coconut Aminos only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Eat Kale Raw In A Salad?
Kale can absolutely be eaten raw! This leafy dark green vegetable makes a great addition to salads and is very healthy.
Is This Thai Kale Salad Tasty?
It is quite tasty! Thai food is my favorite since it always combines so many fantastic tastes. The flavor in this salad is surely hitting you in full force, and it is no exception. The crispness of the vegetables and the richness of the peanut sauce combine to make a delicious salad that is just what you require on a warm summer evening. Additionally, the plate is stunning because of the rainbow of hues! We loved it! This Thai Kale Salad is wonderful for families since it meets your need for texture and flavor while satisfying you, but it’s not so crazy that the children won’t like it.
Is Kale Thai Salad Good Leftover?
I think the best thing is that.
This salad is delicious cold the next day, sauce and all, thanks to how hearty the kale and other vegetables are! However, I wouldn’t leave it for more than a day.
For them to avoid becoming soggy, I also advise adding the peanuts right before serving. However, the rest is all good to go.
Does This Vegan Kale Thai Salad Actually Hold You Over As A Meal?
Yes. I find it does. Peanut butter and peanuts all provide protein. Vegetables (particularly kale) also contain fiber and carbohydrates. Naturally, the peanut sauce and the peanuts also include good fats. A healthy lunch that keeps me full for several hours.
What Other Vegetables Can I Use?
You can use any vegetables you want, there’s no wrong way. However, I would emphasize that kale is a wonderful and healthy addition to this dish.
By adding baked or grilled tofu cubes, you can turn this delectable salad into a filling supper.
What Does Thai Peanut Sauce Taste Like?
It has a unique blend of salty, sweet, sour, and powerful flavors. Asian peanut sauce consists of peanuts, ginger, soy sauce, sesame, spices, and frequently garlic, lemongrass, and lime.
Can I Make It Ahead Of Time?
You can prepare the peanut sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for later use. You can also prepare the vegetables as directed in the recipe in advance. When you are ready to serve just toss everything together, garnish, and enjoy!
Can You Freeze Leftover Kale Salad?
The leaves of kale don’t retain water very well, so freezing it isn’t a good idea because it’ll make it soggy when thawed.
Can I Freeze Creamy Peanut Sauce?
Yes, you may freeze your creamy peanut sauce. Leftovers may be frozen for up to a month in airtight containers.
Allow it to defrost overnight in the fridge or for a few hours on the counter before serving. Stir it well, and if necessary, thin it with coconut milk or water.
Thanks for reading this blog post on Thai Kale Salad With Creamy Peanut Sauce. I hope it has inspired you to try out a new dish.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below. And if you tried this recipe or any other from my website, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below! Thanks for visiting my Recipes, and I hope to see you again soon.
If you enjoyed this collection of Thai Kale Salad with Creamy Peanut Sauce and would love to see more, join me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Categories: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Course: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian
- Energy: 234 kcal / 978 kJ
- Fat: 17 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Carbs: 15 g
- Preparation: 20 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- For: 4 servings
- 8 ounces kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, cut in thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (yellow is great as well)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped for garnish
Creamy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, (creamy)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bragg liquid aminos, or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toss vegetables (kale, cabbage, bell pepper, green onion in a bowl.
- Whisk sauce ingredients peanut butter, water, lemon juice, coconut sugar, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, olive oil, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and salt in a smaller bowl until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the salad, toss to coat the salad and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
This vegan kale salad recipe looks really rich
I spent hours on your site today getting amazing recipes. I am not Vegan but everything looks and sound delicious.
Yes, I am Jamaican, too… Yum!!
Ps. Puppy… What puppy?
Thank you, Dr Claudia, I hope you enjoy them. We have 5 dogs. 3 mixed breeds from shelters, 1 Rothweiler and 1 Italian mastiff
I will be trying this recipe tonight, it looks and sounds amazing! Congratulations on your puppy! I’ve owned Cane Corso’s for years and they are my absolute favorite breed! I currently have a 2yr old Cane Corso and a 12 week old African Mastiff/Boerboel.
Oh lovely, I hope you enjoy it. You have two loyal puppies, I love Cane Corsos and have read so many good things about a Boerboel, I believe they are at the top of the line of mastiffs. Enjoy them! We now have a Neopolitan mastiff (someone shot our Cane Corso, not sure if I mentioned it in the post) and we also have a Rottweiler. My daughter is home for summer and she brought her shelter puppies. a hound mix and a boxer so we are having lots of fun time with them.
6 enthusiastic thumbs up in our house! Tried this tonight for a lite dinner after eating out for lunch. My non-salad-eating family both really enjoyed this! Another winning recipe from Healthier Steps!! Yum!
Doreen, this is so exciting to read, this is an old favorite recipe of mine. I’m so happy you and your family enjoyed it. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.
I LOVE this salad. I have made it several times. I am making it again today. The flavors blend well. It’s colorful and sooo delicious. I even have added shredded carrots to mine. I have now started to make it ahead of time to eat over a couple of days. Quite tasty. Another winner for sure.
Kita, it is one of my favorite salad as well. Ooh I love shredded carrots, thank you for sharing your feedback.
Michelle, this salad is delicious. It’s creamy, flavorful, colorful and full of texture. I loved it!!
It is a family favorite Kita, you will love it.
I have two 6 month old puppies too. i am writing here because u reply here faster than emails.. i was looking to oder the bundle deal for your cook book but it says out of stock.. when will it be in stock.
Philly, that’s awesome. We are planning to get 2 more puppies. I do have 1 extra printed copy that I will put aside for you. I will send you a Paypal invoice later.
I have been making this salad for years now, I would love to see a photo with your puppy now, so adorable.