As a busy mom, I'm always making quick and easy recipes that also taste mind-blowing. This Tofu Broccoli Skillet dish is one that is on a constant rotation on my menu.
As a working mom, I understand how difficult it can be to prepare healthy home-cooked meals that don't take hours to prepare. Who wants to be slaving in the kitchen after spending hours at work and commute.
We want to get the meal prepared and ready in no time so that we can spend quality time with our families instead. I want to show you that this is very possible! That is the reason why most of my recipes are quick and easy but flavorful and amazing, just like my General Tso's Chickpeas and Jamaican Spicy Potato Curry.
Although I am a mom who works from home, and home-school Daevyd. I find that I'm running around all day and when it comes to dinner time, I just want to be in and out of the kitchen.
I look forward to when my hubby gets home to pamper him with a delicious home-cooked meal and to catch up on how he spent his day and share with him how Daevyd and I spent ours.
I always use super/extra firm tofu that doesn't need much pressing, pressing out the water will improve the texture of your tofu. Here is an article about Tofu Pressing.
- 190 kcal / 794 kJ
- 9 g
- 12 g
- 20 g
- 5 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 20 min
- 14-16 oz tofu, rinsed, pressed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water, or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos, coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Sprinkle tofu cubes with salt and set aside in a bowl.
- Fill water in a large pot and set to boil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add tofu and cook for 5 minutes on one side.
- Meanwhile mix sauce ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Flip tofu, add garlic slices and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile place broccoli in water and cook for about 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add sauce to tofu, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in broccoli florets, and spring onions and serve.