This vegan Caesar dressing is a creamy, rich, healthy, and flavorful dressing you can use to dress your salad. If you want to include more salads in your diet and want them to be loaded with flavors, try this creamy dressing. It offers the perfect balance of flavor and has a kick as well.
The bold flavors of capers, along with tahini and lemon juice, make this salad dressing very interesting and appetizing. This vegan dressing is very easy to make and is far easier to store. Refrigerate for up to 7 days. This vegan dressing will become your ultimate salad dressing in no time.
More vegan salad dressings:
What is Caesar dressing?
Traditionally a Caesar dressing is made from egg yolk, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. It is creamy and has a blend of salty and tangy flavors. It is used to dress a Caesar salad, but you can use it on any other salad you like as well. However, since we are making a vegan version of this dressing, we are using ingredients that are entirely different but keep the texture and flavors top-notch.
Vegan Caesar dressing recipe:
Caesar salad dressing is easy to make and is very economical as well. All the ingredients are simple, and usually available is a vegan kitchen pantry. Here is a list of everything you will need to make this salad dressing:
- Cashews: The main ingredient needed for this recipe is cashews. This ingredient is responsible for adding creaminess to this vegan dressing. Cashews are loaded with nutrients and therefore are very healthy. To get a creamy and smooth texture from the dressing, soak it in water for at least 4 hours. Or you can boil them for about 3 minutes. When you soak them, they get soft and tender, and as a result, the dressing gets creamy.
- Capers: Capers are small unripe flower buds. These are easily available in the grocery store. These come in jars with brine. Capers have an earthy and salty flavor. Their flavor resembles olives as well. They add a punch of flavor to the dressing.
- Tahini: Tahini is a paste made from toasted sesame seeds and olive oil. It has a strong earthy and nutty flavor. It is widely used in Middle Eastern cuisine and offers creaminess and a depth of flavor to the dressing.
- Water: You will need water to adjust the consistency of the dressing.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice offers tanginess and a citrusy flavor that cuts through the creaminess of the cashews and tahini. Lemon juice adds freshness to the dressing.
- Salt: Season this dressing with salt to balance out the flavors of the dressing.
How to make vegan Caesar dressing?
Making vegan Caesar dressing is super easy, just like any other dressing. All you have to do is blend all the ingredients until they are creamy. Here is what you have to do:
Step 1: First of all, soak the raw cashews up water for about four to6 hours. If you don’t have enough time, boil them in water for about 3 minutes to soften them up.
Step 2: Add cashews in a high-speed blender along with capers, tahini, lemon juice, water, and salt.
Step 3: Blend at high speed for a minute or until you get a creamy texture. You can add more water to adjust the consistency of the dressing.
Step 4: Once done, pour it into a mason jar. Use as required and store the rest in the refrigerator.
Try vegan Caesar dressing with:
You can add more flavor to this vegan dressing by adding or changing a few ingredients. These are:
- Maple syrup: A bit of sweetness doesn’t hurt anyone. In fact, it can change the flavor and make it even better for some. So, if you love sweet things, add maple syrup or agave syrup to the dressing.
- Mustard: You can add grainy mustard or Dijon mustard to this dressing, depending on your liking. Mustard has a prominent flavor that makes the flavor even better.
- Garlic: Garlic has an intense savory flavor. You can add a clove of garlic or garlic powder to this recipe to intensify the savory flavor.
- Olive oil: Olive oil makes a dressing dense and rich. Plus, it is loaded with healthy fats.
- Hummus: If you don’t want to use cashews, use hummus as a base for this dressing. Hummus is made from chickpeas, so it is a vegan ingredient. Plus, it is creamy, rich, and very flavorsome.
- Nutritional yeast: Nutritional yeast is a vegan ingredient that adds an umami flavor to anything. Its flavor resembles cheese a lot.
How to store vegan Caesar dressing?
You can make this vegan Caesar dressing in advance and store it in the refrigerator as well. Pour it in a clean and dry mason jar with an air-tight lid. Store it in the refrigerator, and it will last for about 5 to 7 days. Also, when you keep it in the refrigerator, it can get a bit thick. As a result, you will have to add a bit of water to adjust its consistency.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Energy: 122 kcal / 510 kJ
- Fat: 10 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 7 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 3 min
- Ready in: 8 min
- For: 8 servings
- Soak raw cashews for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a high-speed blender jug.
- Add tahini, capers, water, lemon juice, and salt.
- Blend at high speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until you get a creamy texture. You can add more water to fix the consistency.
- Once done, pour the dressing onto your salad and store the rest into a mason jar.