This vegan blue cheese dressing recipe is the perfect dressing for all the salad I have been eating lately, In order to keep my salads interesting, I have been making plenty new salad dressings
Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
As a vegan a good salad dressing is very important, this blue cheese salad dressing is the perfect blend of creamy and delicious. It is so easy to prepare in minutes.
I decided to use Brazil nuts, not only for flavor but for its amazing nutritional benefits.
Brazil nuts are high in selenium. One of the few good sources with such a high selenium content.
Selenium is beneficial for the improved immune system, cell growth, and thyroid function.
Blue Cheese Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Brazil Nuts
- Cashew Nuts
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Lime Juice
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
How To Make Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing?
Soak the nuts – Soak the Cashew and Brazil Nuts in cold water for at least an hour. It’s best to soak nuts if you are not using a high-speed blender.
Soaking nuts also neutralizes the phytic acid content and makes the nuts easier to digest. If you are using a high-speed blender, you don’t need to pre-soak your nuts for a creamy outcome.
Add Ingredients To The Blender– add water, nutritional yeast flakes, tahini, lime juice, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, basil, agave, and salt.
Blend Ingredients– process ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add extra water if salad dressing is too thick.
How Long Will Blue Cheese Salad Dressing Keep?
Your homemade salad dressing will last for 5-7 days in a container with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator.
Tips For Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
- It is best to use a high-speed blender for a creamy salad dressing. If you have a standard blender, blend the recipe until it gets creamy, making sure to rest blender motor in between cycles.
- You can use Brazil nuts alone, cashews alone or a combination of both. Macadamia nut would also work.
- If you suffer from a nut allergy, substitute with sunflower seeds.
- Salad dressing will thicken in the refrigerator so you can add extra water to thin it out.
What Goes Well With Blue Cheese Salad Dressing?
Other Amazing Vegan Salad Dressings To Try
Get discounted copies of my cookbook Here
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes
- 84 kcal / 351 kJ
- 6 g
- 4 g
- 6 g
- 5 min
- Ready in:
- 5 min
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts, soaked for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 1 hour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Drain and rinse the Brazil nuts and cashews.
- Add nuts to a high-speed blender, with water, nutritional yeast flakes, tahini paste, lime juice, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, basil, agave and salt.
- Process salad dressing until smooth and creamy. Store in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 7 days.