This Vegan French Toast recipe topped with strawberry sauce and coconut whipped cream is easy to prepare and so delicious, perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Today I decided to change breakfast up and make a special treat for Daevyd. Yummy French toast with strawberry sauce. This is a great, filling breakfast recipe and a great way to use day-old bread. This recipe is heart healthy, the strawberry sauce is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. I toasted the bread slices lightly before dipping into the batter.
Daevyd loves strawberries very much, I had to serve his French toast with strawberry sauce and you could have seen his face when I was finished. He enjoyed his serving so much, he asked me to make it again for breakfast tomorrow!
The toasts were perfect without eggs, moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. Ripe banana plus the strawberry sauce topped with coconut whipped cream added the perfect sweetness as well. For those who are on a *gluten-free diet, this bread is great!
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!
For: 2 people
- Lightly toast bread slices and set aside
- Blend almond milk, banana, cornstarch and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture in a shallow dish.
- Heat griddle on medium heat and brush with coconut oil.
- Dip bread slices on both sides one at a time in mixture until soaked through.
- . Transfer to griddle and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Place strawberries in a saucepan along with maple syrup and corn starch sprinkled on top.
- Stir and crush to release the juice of the strawberries.
- Cook on medium to low heat, stirring until it thickens.