An amazing version of the Southern classic Biscuits and Gravy. This Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Biscuits And Gravy with fluffy vegan and gluten-free ‘buttermilk’ biscuits topped with homemade sausage gravy make the perfect breakfast or brunch menu!
Vegan Gluten-Free Biscuits And Gravy recipe are so easy to make and it is so worth it, the perfect comfort breakfast or brunch recipe idea that would go well with my Scrambled Tofu and my Hummingbird Muffins.
Here in the South, biscuit and gravy recipe is popular for breakfast and I wanted to create a vegan and gluten-free version that tastes amazing and with several attempts.
I have finally nailed the perfect recipe that will certainly please even the pickiest eater, knowing that it is not from a can and it is homemade, vegan and gluten-free.
How To Make Vegan Gluten-Free Biscuits And Gravy?
To make the biscuits, I first prepared the vegan buttermilk with Unsweetened Soymilk and lemon juice and set aside, I combined, the dry ingredients, then I cut in the non-dairy butter.
I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread but you can use whatever non-dairy butter you prefer or coconut oil. Next, I added the buttermilk to form a dough, then I rolled the dough out, cut with a biscuit cutter, and bake them.
Note: Use the same flour I used because I can’t guarantee the same results. Not all gluten-free flours are created equal.
To make the gravy:
I added onions, garlic, seasonings, gluten-free flour, unsweetened soymilk to make a delicious homestyle gravy.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 278 kcal / 1162 kJ
- Fat: 15 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbs: 31 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- For: 8 servings
For The Biscuits
- 2 cups gluten-free flour, I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseeds ground
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter, I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread
For The Gravy
To Make The Biscuits
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper and set aside. Prepare vegan buttermilk, in a medium bowl, mix soymilk and lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix gluten-free flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, flaxseed, and salt.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or 2 knives until resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and stir until combined and a dough is formed.
- Transfer on to a sheet of parchment paper and cover with a second sheet, roll dough to about 1-inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
To Make The Gravy
- Heat oil to the skillet on medium, add gluten-free vegan sausage and cook until brown, about 6 minutes turning frequently, mash with a fork. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in gluten-free flour and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and rubbed sage.
- Stir in non-dairy milk and Bragg's liquid until a smooth gravy is formed, you might need to use a whisk.Season with salt to taste.
- Serve biscuits topped with gravy.