This amazing tasting Vegan Pinto Bean Chili Cheese Fries is easy to prepare with basic ingredients found in most pantries. Oven baked fries topped with Pinto Bean Chili and Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce, so hearty and flavorful.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I first shared this recipe January 6, 2015, but of late I have noticed an increase traffic to it so I decided to revisit it and take new photos and after all, I love chili cheese fries. I'm planning to do another version as well.
This is the perfect comfort dish that can be served for lunch, weeknight dinner or supper. I love the fact that the fries are done in the oven and not deep fried. The chili and cheese sauce can be prepared ahead so all you would have to do is bake the fries and reheat the chili and cheese sauce.
To prepare this Vegan Chili Fries recipe, I scrubbed and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch matchstick sizes, I didn't peel their skin since I used organic red potatoes. Potato skin is actually very nutritious.
After cutting potatoes, dry them with a towel and toss them with the seasonings.
I have read that the best potatoes for making fries are the Idaho potato due to the fact that they are higher in starch and lower in moisture. Here is a cool guide to potatoes.
I season the potatoes and lay on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 50 minutes depending on your oven it might take less time or longer so keep an eye on them.
While the fries are baking, I prepare the chili and the cheese sauce. Simple and delicious.
It is very kid friendly, I asked Daevyd to try it since I haven't made it for such a long time and he ate my plate. He said it was excellent.
Some of my other kid-friendly dishes are:
- Chickpea Salad Wrap
- Vegan Quesadillas With Hummus And Vegetables
- Vegan BLT Sandwich
- Chickpea Taco
- Vegan Black Bean Nachos
- Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos
- Vegan Mac And Cheese
- Baked Tofu Nuggets
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends at Vegan Recipes With Love!
- 451 kcal / 1885 kJ
- 16 g
- 14 g
- 66 g
- 15 min
- 50 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h 5 min
For The Fries
- 2 pounds potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch, or cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Vegan Pinto Bean Chili
- 1 Potato Cheese Sauce Recipe, or recipe below
Cashew Cheese Sauce
To Prepare Fries
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Lightly oil and Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside. Scrub potatoes, rinse and pat dry using paper towels.
- Cut into sticks about 1/4 inch thick, toss in a large bowl with oil, tapioca starch, yeast flakes, paprika and sea salt.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
To Prepare Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Cook carrots in boiling water on medium heat in a small sauce, drain. Place soaked cashews in a blender or food processor along with carrots, water, yeast flakes, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt. Process until very smooth. Store in refrigerator for 3 days.