FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Top your vegan pot pie with my Gluten-free Vegan Pie Crust or your favorite vegan puff pastry for a delicious vegan chicken pot pie that your family will love.
This Vegan meatless pot pie is the perfect comfort food, warm and hearty dish loaded with veggies for a weeknight meal or holiday dish.
My love for pot pies goes way back to when I was 16 in my pre-vegan days, I lived for 6 months with my brother's in-laws in England.
During that time his father-in-law worked for Pot Pie factory, I was introduced to different pies like Steak and Kidney Pie, Chicken Pie, and Bramble Apple Pies.
Green jackfruit as a meat substitute makes this vegan pot pie recipe the perfect substitute for traditional chicken pot pie. This recipe actually tastes better than the traditional version.
If you can't find jackfruit then you can substitute with tofu or store-bought vegan chicken or just leave it out it will taste just as delicious.
How To Make Vegan Pot Pie
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Heat oil in a large skillet and saute onions, garlic, celery until onion is soft. Add jackfruit Bragg's liquid aminos and cook.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and peas. Stir in nutritional yeast flakes and flour to coat the vegetables.
- Add vegetable broth, almond milk, herbs and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer until potatoes are just about tender. Season with salt.
- Scoop filling into a greased 9-inch deep pie plate. Top with rolled out pie dough and flute the edges. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling bubbly.
Other Must Make Comfort Recipes
- Make the pie crust ahead of time and keep it chilled in a container with tight-fitting lid.
- Make sure to get the can green jackfruit in brine and not syrup.
- Substitute Bragg's liquid aminos with soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 304 kcal / 1271 kJ
- 15 g
- 6 g
- 33 g
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup green jackfruit, chopped, (or substitute with tofu or your favorite veggie meat).
- 2 tablespoons Bragg liquid aminos, Tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour, (I used Krusteaz brand)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 batch gluten-free vegan pie crust
- 30 min
- 40 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h 10 min
Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-high. Add onion, garlic, celery and cook until onion is soft about 3 minutes.
Stir in jackfruit, Bragg's liquid aminos and cook for about a minute. Add potatoes, carrots, peas and stir. Add nutritional yeast flakes, flour and stir to coat vegetables.
Add vegetable broth, almond milk, thyme, sage, rosemary stirring constantly until thickened and sauce is smooth. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until vegetables are almost tender about 5 minutes. Season with salt.
Scoop filling into a greased 9-inch deep pie plate. Top with rolled out pie dough and flute the edges. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling bubbly.