This delicious, creamy Vegan Cauliflower Casserole is the ultimate comfort dish and a bonus is that it is also healthy for you! Simple cauliflower florets, smothered and baked in a cheesy sauce is easy to prepare and so tasty!
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I love to prepare casseroles when I'm serving a crowd, especially around the holidays. This creamy Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Casserole is definitely kid-friendly and a crowd-pleaser.
It will easily be a hit at your next gathering,
Ingredients Used To Make Cauliflower Casserole
Raw Cashews, Nutritional Yeast Flakes, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Tahini Paste, Salt, Paprika.
What is nutritional yeast flakes? Nutritional yeast flakes are deactivated yeast, a yellow powder or flakes similar in appearance to cornmeal. Found in the bulk sections of many health food stores and is popular with vegan/vegetarians to use in recipes for a creamy, nutty or cheesy taste. It is also popular as a source of protein and B vitamins especially Vitamin B12. I especially like it to make vegan cheese sauces, gravies, soups and on popcorn.
Where To Purchase Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Nutritional yeast flakes are sold in most health food stores or online on Amazon. This is what I like Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes.
How To Make Vegan Cauliflower Casserole
Preheat the oven and lightly grease a casserole pan. Set aside. Lightly steam the cauliflower florets but you can even roast the florets.
Using a high-speed blender, make the cashew cheese sauce and added a cup of cauliflower florets to make a really thick and creamy sauce. Then I smothered the remaining cauliflower florets in the sauce and bake until bubbly. Oh yes, the smell and taste are just mindblowing!
More Delicious Cauliflower Recipes
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 274 kcal / 1145 kJ
- 17 g
- 14 g
- 27 g
- 15 min
- 40 min
- Ready in:
- 55 min
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup raw cashews, soak for at least 2 hours
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste, (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- pinch Cayenne pepper, (optional)
- paprika, and parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a casserole dish and set aside.
- Wash and steam cauliflower florets for 5 minutes or until florets are tender. Reserve a cup of steam cauliflower to blend with the cashew cheese sauce. Place remaining florets in a casserole dish and set aside.
- Rinse and drain cashews. Place cashews in a high-speed blender with water, nutritional yeast flakes, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, tahini, salt and cayenne pepper,
- Process until smooth and creamy. Add the cup of cauliflower florets and blend, scraping down the sides of blender with a spatula. You may need to add extra water.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower florets. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake for 35 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, garnish with parsley and serve.