When you come back home from a very hot day, the first thing we all do is go straight to the refrigerator. The best thing you can think of on a very hot day is a glass of cold beverage that will freshen you up and will beat the heat. On such days, you have many options like fresh juices or lemonade. However, no matter how much we love classic drinks, we all secretly crave something new, tasteful, and refreshing.
So, for all those who want a punch of flavor to beat the heat and to freshen up your mind and body, try this amazing watermelon lemonade recipe. This amazing drink is a twist on the classic lemonade. Made with watermelon, lemon juice, and agave syrup, this drink is tasteful, refreshing, and a perfect drink you can enjoy on hot summer days. Whether it’s BBQ or a pool party, this drink will become an instant hit!
Health Benefits of Watermelon Lemonade
The two main ingredients of this drink are watermelon and lemon juice. Both are jam-packed with nutrients and vitamins. Furthermore, both offer high health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of adding watermelon to your daily routine:
- Watermelon lemonade is a brilliant way to stay hydrated. That’s because watermelon is naturally composed of 90% of water. So, instead of drinking plain water, you can enjoy this lemonade to get flavors and hydration.
- Watermelon and lemon juice are both rich in vitamin C. Furthermore, watermelon is also rich in vitamin A. as a result, it protects the body against diseases and free radicals.
- The minerals and vitamins in this drink are a ticket to healthy skin. So, drinking it on a regular basis ensures glowing and healthy skin.
- It is also rich in antioxidants that protect the body, especially the heart, against diseases and promote heart health.
- It is a healthy choice that is super low in calories. Furthermore, it is a very healthy drink that quenches thirst as well.
- It helps in improving your immunity levels. Thanks to the nutrients, you get a chance to stay healthy and strong.
You can easily make watermelon lemonade with only three main ingredients. Here is what you need for this delicious and refreshing summer drink:
- Watermelon chunks: The main ingredient for this lemonade recipe is watermelon lemonade. When buying watermelon, make sure it is fresh, firm, and ripe. To cut it into chunks, wash the watermelon and pat it dry. Place it on a hard cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the top cap first. Cut it in half from the middle. Place the flat side downwards, and start trimming the rinds until you see red fruit. Cut the fruit lengthwise first and then horizontally so that you get cubes. See How To Cut A Watermelon.
- Water: Adding water to the watermelon lemonade is very important. It will dilute the strong flavor of watermelon and lemon. Plus, it sets a base for the drink as well.
- Agave syrup: Agave syrup is a naturally occurring sweet ingredient extracted from the agave plant. It has a very sweet flavor and therefore is a perfect ingredient to bring in sweetness.
- Lemon juice: To bring freshness and tanginess to the watermelon lemonade, you will need the juice from a fresh lemon.
How to make Watermelon Lemonade?
Making water lemonade is the easiest thing you can do. All you need is three simples and a high-speed blender. Here is how you can make a tasty and refreshing watermelon lemonade drink:
Step 1: Cut the watermelon as described earlier.
Step 2: In a blender jug, add watermelon chunks, and blend until you get a smooth paste. You can add a splash of water to ensure smooth blending.
Step 3: Place a fine mesh strainer on a jug and pour the blended watermelon. Get rid of the pulp you collect over the strainer.
Step 4: Pour water, lemon juice, and agave syrup into the jug and mix well.
Step 5: Place the jug in the refrigerator until it is chilled. Serve.
Tips for making watermelon lemonade
Although making watermelon lemonade is effortless, you can make it even better by keeping a few things in mind. These are:
- You can freeze the watermelon chunks and blend them with a little water as well. This is a good way to enjoy a chilled drink for those who don’t mind pulp in their lemonade.
- You can add maple syrup instead of agave syrup as well. However, you might have to adjust the quantities as per your taste.
- You can add sparkling water instead of plain water as well. Furthermore, you can add soda or carbonated drinks to the watermelon lemonade as well.
- To make this drink fresher and tastier, add a few mint leaves as well. The minty flavor infused with the watermelon lemonade will enhance the flavors.
How to store Watermelon Lemonade?
Pour the watermelon lemonade in a jug with a lid. Place it in the refrigerator, and it will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You can also pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Take the ice cubes out, add to the glass, pour soda or water, and wait till it melts a little. It is the best way to enjoy a super cool drink.
Other Delicious Beverages That You Will Love
- Orange Lemonade
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Blackberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Acai Lemonade
- Sorrel Drink
- Pineapple Mango Juice
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Energy: 146 kcal / 610 kJ
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Carbs: 37.2 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- For: 2 Servings
- In a blender jug, add watermelon chunks, ginger, and water, blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer on a pitcher. Pour blended watermelon.
- Once the juice is strained, pour in water, agave juice, and lemon juice.
- Mix well and place it in the refrigerator to chill.