I’m not referring to the sickeningly sweet fountain lemonade found in fast-casual restaurants. I’m referring to a homemade lemonade made with many healthy and tart lemons with a bit of sweet taste. It’s perfect for getting a Summer afternoon treat. Here’s a unique recipe of Blackberry lemonade you could try while blackberries are in season. Check out these amazing drinks, Strawberry Acai Lemonade and Pineapple Mango Juice.
How To Make Blackberry Lemonade?
What’s not to like about the classic pairing of delicious summer berries and tangy lemons? You don’t have to be an expert to make this delightful Blackberry Lemonade. And it’s perfect for vegans!
This recipe for blackberry lemonade is fantastic. It’s not only simple to make, but it’s also affordable. Particularly if you have a lemon tree or blackberry plants at home, or if you find some excellent summer sales on ingredients!
Let’s get to know its ingredients and directions.
The ingredients required for this recipe are simple and are readily available.
- Water – use more or less water depending on the sweetness you like.
- Lemon juice (juice of 4 lemons) – It is important to use fresh lemons for this recipe, you can substitute them with limes.
- Coconut sugar – substitute with your favorite sweetener, agave, organic cane sugar, maple syrup, or stevia.
- Ice (for serving) – optional
- Optional garnish: lemon slice, blackberries, fresh mint
If you like your lemonade softer or stronger, you can easily change the sweetness and tartness by adjusting the sugar or adding more or less water. It’s a fun recipe to experiment with. Let’s get started and learn about the steps included in making this recipe!
Step 1: First of all wash the blackberries and place them in a bowl.
Step 2: Then add the fresh blackberries to a high-speed blender with water. Make sure to keep blending until a smooth mixture is formed.
3: Strain the smooth mixture of blackberries through a cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or a fine-mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
4: Add lemon juice and coconut sugar (or any of your favorite sweetener) into the blackberry juice and mix thoroughly until it’s completely dissolved.
5: Refrigerate the mixture until chilled.
· How to sweeten blackberry lemonade?
You can use any sweetener you like. But if you’re indecisive, here’s what I recommend.
- Coconut sugar:
You can use coconut sugar for a better, sweeter effect in your blackberry lemonade. It’s sweet, but it has a subtle, earthy sweetness that reminds one of brown sugar rather than granular white sugar.
- Agave/Maple Syrup
You can use agave or maple which is an excellent natural sweetener. A homemade blackberry lemonade recipe can be naturally sweetened with either liquid sweetener. If you like the taste of agave and maple syrup, they are perfect sweeteners to use.
- Liquid Stevia:
You can use stevia especially for those who are diabetic. remember a little goes a long way.
How to serve blackberry lemonade made at home?
Pour the freshly squeezed lemonade over ice in a glass and garnish it with a lemon wedge and fresh mint leaves. You can also garnish it with blackberries to make it look pretty.
Other Delicious Summer Drinks
- Cucumber Lemon Water
- Cucumber Detox Water
- Soursop Juice
- Star Fruit Juice
- Tamarind Juice
- Mango Juice
- Ginger Juice
- Sorrel Drink
- Ginger Turmeric Shot
What is the best season for blackberry lemonade?
Summers are the best time to enjoy blackberry lemonade. This drink is an excellent way of refreshment in the scorching heat of summers, and it’s a simple and nutritious way to take advantage of summer blackberries.
Blackberries ripen between June and August, mainly depending on where you live. For example, in the South, they ripen early in the season, while in the Midwest and north, they ripen later. Many farms also offer various blackberries, particularly thornless varieties, abundant at local farmer’s markets. So, whenever fresh blackberries are available in your area, don’t miss your chance to enjoy the energizing blackberry lemonade with our recipe.
How long can you keep homemade lemonade?
Homemade lemonade can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Is it possible to freeze homemade lemonade?
Yes! The procedure is straightforward to turn the lemonade into a frozen product. You can make two items out of it.
- A Popsicle: To make lemonade popsicles, pour the blackberry lemonade into a popsicle mold or simply into paper cups with sticks.
- Slush: Pour the blackberry lemonade into the ice cube trays and freeze. Blend the frozen cubes to create a lemonade slushie.
Other Blackberry Recipes
What are the benefits of Blackberry Lemonade?
Natural juices, made from freshly squeezed berries, are an essential source of vitamins in our diet. At the same time, they’re cool drinks that help us beat the heat and stay hydrated. Blackberry lemonade is made from blackberries, which are high in antioxidants. It’s a wild fruit that’s high in vitamin C and vitamin E.
The various health benefits of blackberry lemonade include,
- Blackberries help to strengthen blood vessels that assist in the prevention of heart disease. Blackberries aid in the improvement of vision.
- Blackberry lemonade helps to alleviate period pain.
- Blackberries have a high tannin content, which helps tighten skin, alleviate digestive inflammation, and minimize hemorrhoids and stomach problems.
- Blackberry lemonade helps to soothe a sore throat.
- It supports kidneys in healthy and proper functioning.
- The antioxidant properties present in blackberries help to remove toxins from the body.
- Blackberry lemonade is a nutritious drink that both children and adults enjoy and It is an excellent way to refuel after a strenuous exercise that will also assist in the battle against obesity.
Additional features include:
- Easy to make
- low cost
- recommended for children
- recommended for vegan
- for weight-loss
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 86 kcal / 359 kJ
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Carbs: 22.3 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- 6 Servings
- Wash the blackberries and place them in a bowl.
- Add the fresh blackberries to a high-speed blender with water. Make sure to keep blending until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Strain the smooth mixture of blackberries through a cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or a fine-mesh strainer. Put the strained drink into a pitcher.
- Add lemon juice and coconut sugar (or any of your favorite sweeteners) into the blackberry juice and mix thoroughly until it's completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate the mixture until chilled.