Nature’s Penicillin-Homemade Remedy is a formula that I have been making for years whenever I have a cold or flu. I found that this formula speeds up recovery time and really boosts my immune system.
What Is Nature’s Penicillin-Homemade Remedy?
I first heard about Nature’s Penicillin-Homemade Remedy when a natural health speaker Thomas Jackson of Meet Ministry demonstrated it at a health presentation. Here is the original recipe.
This potent antiviral and antibacterial drink full of powerful antioxidants will surely boost your immune system and put it in high gear.
It is especially good for influenza, colds, headache, and other respiratory conditions. All the ingredients are found in your kitchen.
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ onion
- ¼ inch ginger
Additional Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In the blender:
- Peel orange, grapefruit, and lemons – cut in small pieces and place in blender.
- Peel and chop onion and ginger – Blend thoroughly (you may need to add a little water to get things moving along).
For adults – Take 1 tbsp periodically throughout the day, taking a total of 1 cup.
For children – take 1 tsp periodically throughout the day, taking a total ½ cup.
Store in a tightly closed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
If symptoms persist or worsen, please consult a physician.
Ingredients For Nature’s Penicillin-Homemade Remedy
- Oranges– contain high levels of Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and beta-carotene along with calcium, magnesium, folic acid, and potassium.
- Grapefruit– High in Vitamin C and potassium, removes the poison from the system. Aids in weight loss. It contains lycopene, a potent antioxidant known to prevent free radical damage in the body. Read More.
- Lemons – contain Vitamin C to strengthen the immune system and potassium which is beneficial for the cardiovascular system. Lemons are antiseptic.
Studies have shown that lemon contains powerful antibacterial properties. Lemons taste acidic and have an alkalizing effect on the body- it is known that disease doesn’t thrive in alkaline blood.
Lemons assist the liver in eliminating toxins from our blood. Check out The Amazing Benefits of Lemons!
- Garlic – A powerful natural antibiotic, proven by scientists. Unlike conventional antibiotics, the bacteria don’t build up forming super-resistant bugs, rather garlic may be taken over long periods.
Garlic is a good source of Vitamin C, B6, selenium, manganese, and calcium. It helps to get rid of toxins from the body and cleanses the blood. Read More.
- Onion– Contain Vitamin C, B6, iron, niacin, chromium, and calcium. Onions have been used throughout history to treat asthma, as they contain a compound that helps the muscles to relax.
They help loosen mucus from the body. It also contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties and helps fight against tuberculosis, bronchitis, and urinary infections. Read More.
It also causes increased circulation, therefore increasing sweating, which is helpful in reducing fevers.
- Ginger – is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties, treats digestive problems, such as nausea, morning sickness, which may lower cholesterol levels, may help prevent cancer. The active ingredient in ginger called gingerol fights infections. Read More.
Other Homemade Remedies To Try
*Note: The above statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This recipe is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. When in doubt, always consult your physician or healthcare practitioner. This formula is to provide you with information to maintain your health.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.