This Homemade Penicillin Remedy is a formula that I have been making for years whenever I have a cold or flu. I found that this formula speeds up recovery time and really boosts my immune system.
I first heard about this natural penicillin recipe when a natural health speaker Thomas Jackson of Meet Ministry demonstrated it at a health presentation. Here is the original recipe.
This potent antiviral and antibacterial drink full of powerful antioxidants will surely boost your immune system and put it in high gear.
This Russian penicillin recipe is especially good for influenza, colds, headache, and other respiratory conditions. All the ingredients are found in your kitchen, making this the easiest natural penicillin out there.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Immune System Boost: The recipe is designed to boost the immune system with a combination of ingredients rich in vitamins and antioxidants, such as Vitamin C from oranges, grapefruits, and lemons.
- Antiviral and Antibacterial Properties: The concoction is a potent antiviral and antibacterial drink, providing a natural defense against infections and helping the body fight off viruses and bacteria.
- Respiratory Health Support: Especially beneficial for respiratory conditions, the remedy can be effective in alleviating symptoms associated with colds, flu, headaches, and other respiratory issues.
- Common Kitchen Ingredients: All the ingredients required for the recipe are commonly found in the kitchen, making it convenient to prepare without the need for special or rare items.
- Natural and Holistic Approach: The remedy takes a natural and holistic approach to health, utilizing the healing properties of ingredients like garlic, onion, and ginger without relying on synthetic medications.
- Oranges: Contain high levels of Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and beta-carotene along with calcium, magnesium, folic acid, and potassium.
- Grapefruit: High in Vitamin C and potassium, removes the poison from the system. Aids in weight loss. It contains lycopene, a potent antioxidant known to prevent free radical damage in the body. Read More.
- Lemons: Contain Vitamin C to strengthen the immune system and potassium which is beneficial for the cardiovascular system. Lemons are antiseptic. Studies have shown that lemon contains powerful antibacterial properties. Lemons taste acidic and have an alkalizing effect on the body- it is known that disease doesn’t thrive in alkaline blood. Check out The Amazing Benefits of Lemons!
- Garlic: Known as Russian penicillin, garlic is powerful natural antibiotic, proven by scientists. Unlike conventional antibiotics, the bacteria don’t build up forming super-resistant bugs, rather garlic may be taken over long periods. Garlic is a good source of Vitamin C, B6, selenium, manganese, and calcium. It helps to get rid of toxins from the body and cleanses the blood. Read More. It also causes increased circulation, therefore increasing sweating, which is helpful in reducing fevers.
- Onion: Contain Vitamin C, B6, iron, niacin, chromium, and calcium. Onions have been used throughout history to treat asthma, as they contain a compound that helps the muscles to relax. They help loosen mucus from the body. It also contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties and helps fight against tuberculosis, bronchitis, and urinary infections. Read More.
- Ginger: Loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties, treats digestive problems, such as nausea, morning sickness, which may lower cholesterol levels, may help prevent cancer. The active ingredient in ginger called gingerol fights infections. Read More.
- Turmeric Powder: (Optional) Anti-inflammatory; adds flavor and potential health benefits.
- Cayenne Pepper: (Optional) Adds spice and may have additional health benefits, including potential pain relief.
How to Make Your Own Penicillin
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ onion
- ¼ inch ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Peel orange, grapefruit, and lemons – cut in small pieces and place in blender.
- Next, peel and chop onion and ginger – Then, blend all ingredients thoroughly (you may need to add a little water to get things moving along).
- For adults – Take 1 tbsp periodically throughout the day, taking a total of 1 cup.
- For children – take 1 tsp periodically throughout the day, taking a total ½ cup.
- Store in a tightly closed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- If symptoms persist or worsen, please consult a physician.
- A high-quality blender will make it easier to blend the ingredients thoroughly, resulting in a smoother and more palatable remedy.
- Use fresh, ripe fruits for the best flavor and maximum nutritional benefits. Fresh ingredients contribute to the effectiveness of the remedy.
- The recipe provides a basic guideline, but feel free to adjust the quantities and optional ingredients based on your taste preferences and health needs.
- While the remedy is a natural approach to supporting health, it’s crucial to consult a physician if symptoms persist or worsen. It’s not a substitute for professional medical advice.
Store the natural penicillin in a tightly closed glass jar in the refrigerator. Consume the remedy within 2 days for optimal freshness and effectiveness. After this period, the ingredients may start to degrade, affecting both taste and health benefits.
Before consuming the homemade penicillin, give it a good shake or stir. This helps redistribute any settled particles and ensures a consistent taste and potency.
This Homemade Remedy is a natural concoction designed to boost the immune system and provide relief from colds, flu, and respiratory conditions. It contains ingredients known for their antibacterial and antiviral properties.
For adults, take 1 tablespoon periodically throughout the day, reaching a total of 1 cup. For children, the recommended serving is 1 teaspoon periodically, reaching a total of ½ cup.
It’s recommended to consume the remedy within 2 days for optimal freshness and effectiveness. Making smaller batches ensures the ingredients retain their potency.
While the ingredients are generally considered safe, individuals with allergies to citrus fruits, garlic, or other components should exercise caution. If in doubt, consult with a healthcare professional.
While the remedy is not a guaranteed preventive measure, it’s designed to support overall immune health. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet, is key to preventing illnesses.
Other Homemade Remedies To Try
*Note: The above statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This recipe is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. When in doubt, always consult your physician or healthcare practitioner. This formula is to provide you with information to maintain your health.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.