If you’re only using avocados in Dips and Salads, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how tasty avocado milk can be! Avocado milk is an immensely popular beverage all over the world, particularly during the hot summer months. This avocado drink is very nutritious and therefore can replace your first breakfast. Also, see Almond Milk and Pecan Milk
How Does Avocado Milk Taste?
Avocado milk is sweet and creamy drink. It is a little thick and gets a bit thicker when chilled. The taste of avocado does not look like fruit and not everyone likes it, but having learned what this fruit is rich in, they change their minds and are looking for an ideal combination with other products.
This avocado milk doesn’t have a strong avocado flavor – pretty mild and very versatile. I have used vanilla extract in this recipe so my recipe is perfumed heavily with vanilla than avocado. If you don’t want vanilla extract, you can skip it.
Avocado Selection Rules
When choosing, pay attention to the appearance of the avocado fruit. Since avocados ripen very slowly, when buying an avocado that you do not plan to eat right away, choose the fruit that is hard and heavy, it will ripen at room temperature within two days.
The peel should be intact, clean, without any spots or cracks. The presence of dark spots is a clear sign of overripe avocados. The ripe fruit from pressing with a finger should be slightly pressed, i.e. be soft but not loose.
How To Make An Avocado Milk?
You will need the following ingredients:
- Avocado: Must be ripened, peeled, and pitted
- Almond milk: You can also use coconut milk, cashew milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
- Vanilla extract and sweetener
Be sure to select the ripe avocado. If the avocado is not ripe, you can place it in a brown paper bag for two days with another fruit (such as a banana, apple, or kiwi) to speed up its ripening process.
Wash the avocado. Using a sharp knife, make a longitudinal circular cut throughout the fruit until the knife rests against the bone. Separate the two halves by rotating them axially towards each other. Hit the bone hard with a knife, and remove it. Use a spoon to scoop out the pulp. Blend everything until smooth, and serve it cold.
Some Useful Tips
- Consume avocado milk immediately. It will become dark due to the oxidization as time passes.
- If you want an extra chilled drink, add a few ice cubes while blending.
- One of the best things about avocado milk is that there are no hard or fast rules. Also, feel free to experiment with your favorite milk.
- If you want to make this milk for a whole family, feel free to double the recipe!
- Serve avocado milk as a healthy breakfast or as an afternoon summer drink.
- It is advisable to keep the milk and avocados chilled.
Can You Use Frozen Avocado?
Salads, dips, and baked products require only fresh avocado. But the best thing about avocado milk is that both fresh and frozen avocado can be used in it. Be sure to peel the fruit first. If you are using frozen avocado, you may need a little more liquid to blend it.
Is Avocado Milk Good For Weight Loss?
Avocado milk promotes weight loss and metabolic health because of its high fiber content in it. This drink will decrease the risk of high blood pressure, reduce your appetite, and serve to lower your cholesterol levels. Avocado milk is not only vegan but also keto-friendly even though it is high in carbohydrates.
How To Store Avocado Fruit And The Leftover Avocado Milk?
Ripe avocados can only be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days, after which the fruit will begin to darken, and lose its freshness and aroma. Remember, unripe avocados cannot be stored in the refrigerator, they will not ripen there, but only deteriorate.
It is recommended to consume avocado milk immediately. But this delicious milk lasts and stays a pretty, light-green color in the fridge for one day, with no settling! I will not recommend you freeze the drink.
Health Benefits Of Avocado Milk
Avocado milk contains many vitamins and minerals that are essential for humans.
Vitamins and Minerals:
- Vitamin A, K, C, E.
- B vitamins.
- Iron and zinc.
- Potassium and calcium.
Avocado milk carries with it a lot of useful things and has a great effect on our body. For example, if you consume avocado, then:
- Blood pressure is normalized.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Improves liver function.
- Protects the body from the appearance of hepatitis.
- Improves brain function.
- Strengthens the joints.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Cleans the body of harmful toxins.
- Normalizes the digestive system.
- Lowers blood sugar levels.
- Avocados milk is also preferred by those with vision problems, as avocados are high in carotenoids.
These are not all of its useful properties, as there are quite a few of them. It also has a positive effect on the male body. Avocado in combination with almond milk increases testosterone levels, which has a positive effect on potency as well as endurance.
This avocado drink also positively affects female skin and hair. The big plus is that avocado milk can be consumed during pregnancy.
Let’s Sum Up
Now, probably, you will not surprise anyone with the exotic fruit of the avocado – it is eaten raw, and salads, soups, and other dishes are prepared with it. So try this recipe, it will pleasantly surprise your family and friends.
Other Avocado Recipes To Prepare
- Avocado Lime Popsicles
- Avocado Tomato Salad
- Tofu Steaks With Avocado Lime Chimichurri
- Southwestern Avocado Toast
- Mango Avocado Salsa
- How To Make Almond Milk
If you try the recipe, share your experience in the comment box. Join our Facebook groups for more interesting and delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends to Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 192 kcal / 803 kJ
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbs: 0 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- For: 2 Servings
- Wash and cut the avocado. Take out the pulp with a spoon.
- Place the avocado pulp in a blender. Add milk, sweetener, vanilla extract, and ice cubes. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the avocado milk into a glass and serve immediately.