This delicious Jackfruit Curry Recipe is a delightful treat, with an aromatic blend of spices and herbs. A yummy rendition of the flavors of the East, green jackfruit, purple sweet potatoes, simmered in red Thai curry paste, coconut milk, kumquats and Thai basil.
We love curries in our house so much that it doesn’t matter what version I do, my family enjoys them. Today I’m making a Thai version of Jackfruit Curry. I love making curries because they are simple and easy to prepare yet bursting with flavors! They are perfect for feeding a crowd alone with a salad or with rice.
After sauteing the vegetables, I added the Thai red curry paste, coconut milk, and vegetable broth along with the other ingredients and let the curry simmer for 20 minutes until thickened. This dish was creamy and bursting with flavors. The aroma of the kitchen took me to far away Thailand, and the taste was out of this world!
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!
For: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 20-ounce can green jackfruit, drained
- 2 cups purple sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 13.5-ounce canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 kumquats, sliced and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
- Drain jackfruit and cut in chunks. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add red curry paste, sugar, jackfruit and sweet potatoes, cook stirring constantly to coat, about 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, and kumquats. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil leaves. Serve immediately!