FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END; BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
It turned out so good, I had to make it twice this week, it's definitely now one of my favorite desserts to make. Living in Florida, no bake desserts are a go to as it gets warmer here.
My peanut butter pie is super easy to make and not too sweet, with just the right amount of peanut butter in it. It is a rich, creamy and decadent pie and the perfect addition to summertime barbecue, picnic or potluck.
This Vegan Peanut Butter Pie Is
- Smooth and super creamy.
- Easy to prepare.
- Has just the right amount of natural peanut flavor.
- The filling is sweetened with maple syrup.
- The best peanut butter pie recipe.
How To Make Peanut Butter Pie?
For the crust, I used my favorite Graham Cracker Pie Crust recipe but you can use storebought pie crust.
The beauty of this pie is the filling is all done in a high-speed blender. For the filling, blend, raw cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, and salt until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter and vegan cream cheese and blend until creamy.
Scoop the filling into the pie crust and transfer your decadent peanut butter pie to your refrigerator and allow to chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight or put it in the freezer for 1 hour. Garnish with homemade Coconut Whipped Cream or storebought Cocowhip. For a delicious treat, top the peanut butter filling with a layer of coconut whipped cream.
Use coconut cream instead of coconut milk to ensure a firmer pie. You can use store bought coconut cream or make your own.
To make coconut cream, place 1 (15-ounce) can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. The following morning, open the can and remove the solid white coconut cream that formed on the top, reserve the remaining clear liquid to add to curries and smoothies later.
Peanut butter pie keeps for about 3 days in the refrigerator but you can store it in the freezer for longer. If you are using storebought Graham cracker crust, remember to invert the lid to cover your finished pie.
Can Peanut Butter Pie Be Frozen?
Yes, peanut butter pie can be frozen, frozen peanut butter pie is great as a cold summer treat or if you are wanting to make your pie way ahead of time, it is best to store it in the freezer.
To freeze peanut butter pie, cover pie and place in the freezer for about 6 hours. Remove from freezer, you can serve it frozen or completely thaw, allow your frozen pie to sit at least 15 minutes to thaw before serving. Decorate with coconut whipped cream.
Other Peanut Butter Recipes To Try
- 373 kcal / 1559 kJ
- 22 g
- 4 g
- 43 g
- 10 min
- 1 min
- Ready in:
- 11 min
For The Pie Crust
- 1 batch Graham cracker pie crust, *link to recipe
For The Filling
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, (I used Daiya brand)
For The Pie Crust
- Follow recipe for the Graham cracker crust on this site, or use store-bought and set aside.
For The Pie Filling
- Place cashews, coconut cream. maple syrup, and salt in a high-speed blender. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add peanut butter and cream cheese and blend mixture. Scoop filling into prepared Graham cracker pie crust. Smooth the top with a spatula. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with Coconut Whipped Cream, peanut pieces, and Graham cracker crumbs.
- Adjust the amount of sweetener in your peanut butter pie filling depending on your personal taste.