What Is Maca?
Maca is a superfood native to the Andes Mountain, it is a superfood that has been used for centuries as a miracle food. It is part of the radish, broccoli family and it actually looks like a large radish.
It is dried and grounded in a powder.
What Does Maca Taste Like?
Maca powder has an earthy, mildly nutty taste with a taste of caramel. Maca is traditionally cooked before using in Peru.
Where Can I Buy Maca?
Maca powder can be purchased in health food stores, in most supermarkets, even Walmart. You can also find it online on sites such as Amazon.
It is sold in liquid, powdered, capsules, tablet forms.
Maca Health Benefits
One of the many health benefits of maca also called Peruvian ginseng, is that it is an adaptogen, a metabolic regulator that helps the body adapt to environmental stress (disease, toxins etc.).
Other adaptogens include ginseng, ashwagandha, Astralagus, Tulsi, Turmeric, Goji Berries
- Maca is known to have many health benefits including increased energy, If you are wanting to quit the addiction to caffeine, then maca is probably the solution.
- increased fertility in both male and female.
- Helps relieve symptoms of menopause
- Reduce anxiety and symptoms of depression
- Protects the skin from UV damage when applied
- May help reduce enlarged prostate
- May help improve memory and learning
For more information about maca's health benefits go to Medical News Today.
How To Make Maca Peanut Butter Smoothie
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
Other Recipes To Try
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 195 kcal / 815 kJ
- 6 g
- 4 g
- 34 g
- 5 min
- Ready in:
- 5 min
- Add almond milk, banana, maca powder, carob powder, peanut butter, vanilla in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.