- Do you love blueberries and bananas? Then you will love this recipe. This smoothie is a quick, healthy, and tasty way to start the day!
Smoothies are perhaps the easiest breakfast option. What I mean is, all you need to do is put everything in a blender. It takes not much time at all and smoothies are very filling. You won’t feel hungry until lunchtime if you drink one large glass of it in the morning.
It is also an excellent method to incorporate milk or yogurt into your diet, particularly if you dislike milk as most of us do! Actually, I don’t dislike milk all that much; I just want to avoid dairy as I’m vegan.
This smoothie contains a lot of bananas and blueberries, and it just takes 5 minutes to prepare and tastes great. Bananas and blueberries are two of my favorite fruits, so it’s no surprise that this smoothie is one of my favorites.
I love making this blueberry banana smoothie when I have a lot of work to do or if I need a little energy boost in the afternoon. It has all the ingredients I need to get through my day without any sugar crashes or empty stomachs.
This blueberry smoothie recipe is also my son’s favorite, he loves blueberries and I’m so happy because they contain lots of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals.
This is a simple blueberry banana smoothie that is also filling and gives you lots of energy that you need first thing in the morning, it keeps that energy going on and on.
The perfect smoothie for Day 6 of our daily smoothie regime, was first posted on February 3, 2015, and needed photo updating.
Why Will You Love This Blueberry Banana Smoothie Recipe?
- It’s sweet, cool, refreshing, and full of fruit flavor!
- This smoothie not only tastes great, but it is easy and quick to make.
- To prepare this blueberry banana smoothie, all you need are five easy ingredients and a few minutes.
- It will energize and satiate you without leaving you feeling sluggish.
- It is perfect for kids.
- Blending both banana and blueberry in this smoothie will help you get the vitamins and nutrients your body needs.
- Because it is made with blueberries which are rich in antioxidants and healthy for your heart.
- It also makes a wonderful addition to any healthy breakfast meal plan.
- It’s a great method to get rid of any overripe bananas you have on hand.
- This blueberries banana smoothie can be tweaked to include more protein, fiber, or other nutrients.
- Blueberries can be used fresh or frozen.
- You can use any type of milk you choose in this recipe.
Health Benefits Of Blueberries
- Blueberries are low in calories, widely recognized as a Superfood.
- They contain powerful compounds called flavonoids and antioxidants called anthocyanins which fight against free radicals in the body. Anthocyanins are believed to prevent aging, heart disease, and cancer.
- Manganese, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C are all abundant in this food.
- Reduced cholesterol and improved blood vessel health are two of the heart’s health benefits of eating blueberries. Blueberries can also help you maintain a healthy blood pressure!
- Antioxidants and phytonutrients are in abundance!
- Blueberries aid in the reduction of mental disorders associated with aging.
- It possesses a low glycemic index FUNCTION for optimal blood sugar control.
- It protects the retina from damage caused by oxygen and the sun.
- Breast cancer, esophageal cancer, colon cancer, and small intestine cancer can all be prevented or treated. Even more, studies are taking place into what other types of cancer the blueberry might protect against.
Organic blueberries are even better for you!
Banana Health Benefits
When it comes to fruits and vegetables, bananas rank near the top in terms of nutritional value, sweetest fruit available, and one of the most affordable. This makes them an excellent alternative for anyone looking to eat healthily.
- This fruit, which is primarily composed of carbs, also contains numerous vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.
- They include vitamins C (contains 10% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C) and potassium, as well as catechins and resistant starch, all of which are beneficial to your health.
- It is high in vitamin B6.
- Banana is high in fiber, so it is great for weight loss and gut health.
- A good source of potassium, so it is good for your heart.
- Potassium is necessary for kidney function as well as blood pressure control. So banana, which is high in potassium, may be especially beneficial for maintaining your kidneys in good shape and for blood pressure.
- It contains a high level of tryptophan which is beneficial in preventing depression.
- Because it contains manganese, those who consume them can help maintain healthy skin.
- Furthermore, the pectins and resistant starch may aid to improve colon health.
To avoid cramping, use this fruit before or after a workout.
Ingredients For Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Blueberries: Blueberries are an important part of this recipe. If possible, choose organic blueberries and select large, plump blueberries for the greatest flavor. If fresh blueberries are unavailable, frozen blueberries can be used.
Bananas: Bananas are a popular ingredient in smoothies for good reason. They thicken, sweeten, and give a smoothie a creamy feel. That’s why I make a blueberry smoothie with bananas. Dates, pears, avocado, or (unsweetened) applesauce can be used in place of the banana.
Almond milk: Almond milk is my preferred liquid, but you may substitute regular cow milk or even water. The almond milk adds a rich flavor to the smoothie, and if you choose the right kind, it’s a good source of calcium.
Flaxseed: Your favorite smoothie will benefit from the addition of ground flaxseed, which is high in vitamins and minerals. The seeds have a pleasant nutty flavor that goes well with almost any fresh fruit or liquid. They are a rich source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Plant omega-3s are found in about 1.8 grams per tablespoon of ground flaxseed.
Coconut Milk: Makes it ultra-creamy and smooth. Coconut milk, in addition to having a delicious taste, will help you stay fuller for longer.
Best Blueberry Banana Smoothie Recipe:
- Easy To Prepare
- Made With Only 4 Ingredients
How To Make Blueberry Banana Smoothie?
To make this banana and blueberry smoothie, place the fruits in a high-speed blender, and add almond milk and coconut milk. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour into glass jars and drink.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Look no further if you’re looking for a few tips on how to make this smoothie better.
- To make this smoothie dairy-free, I have used almond milk and coconut milk. However, you can substitute it with your favorite or any other available plant-based milk e.g. soy milk, hemp milk, oat milk, etc.
- I enjoy adding frozen fruit to my smoothies because it gives them the texture and coldness of a milkshake. However, you can also use fresh fruits.
- Frozen fruit is more nutrient-dense than fresh fruit, why? Because it’s plucked when it’s perfectly ripe! On top of all that, the frozen smoothie texture is quite refreshing.
- This healthy smoothie can be made with plain low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Overripe bananas are ideal for smoothies. When they’re a little bit soft to consume on their own, cut them into pieces and freeze them for when you’re craving a shake. Simply avoid using pieces that are excessively large, as this will cause your blender to burn.
FAQs About Blueberry Banana Smoothie:
Can I Store This Blueberry Banana Smoothie?
Smoothies are best consumed right away. This blueberry banana smoothie, on the other hand, can be kept refrigerated for one day if put in a sealed container like a mason jar with the top on. It will thicken up quickly, so give it a good shake before drinking.
How To Make My Smoothie More Delicious And Nutritious?
Make your smoothie even more delicious and nutritious by incorporating one or two of these additional ingredients!
- To add extra fiber and other nutrients, add a spoonful of chia seeds.
- Smoothies like this one with blueberries and bananas can be made even more filling by including a few spoonfuls of raw old-fashioned oats.
- This banana smoothie’s protein content can be increased by stirring in a tablespoon or two of peanut or almond butter.
- Cinnamon goes great with bananas, so add a touch of cinnamon to the mix.
- For a spicy kick, blend in 1⁄2 tsp. grated ginger.
- Cocoa powder can be added to the smoothie to make it taste chocolaty.
- For an herbaceous twist, add a few leaves of fresh basil or mint.
- If you want to make your smoothie sweeter, add in a tsp. or two of pure honey or maple syrup.
- You can also add your favorite protein powder.
- 1 cup of frozen berries can be replaced with 1 cup of frozen mangoes or peaches. This will also change the color slightly.
Do You Have To Use Frozen Bananas In Fruit Smoothies?
You really do not have to! I do, however, suggest it. When they’re frozen, they taste a little sweeter, and they help thicken the mix.
Fresh bananas, of course, have their own charm. They’re a little creamier and blend a lot easier. However, the difference in flavor and texture will be noticeable.
Can We Eat Bananas And Blueberries Together?
Smoothies with bananas and blueberries are a quick, healthy, and tasty way to start the day! They’re seriously amazing, and they’re so simple to make using a peeled banana and frozen blueberries. For extra protein and fiber, mix in a probiotic and flax seeds with the yogurt.
Can You Drink This Blueberry Banana Smoothie Every Day?
A daily smoothie is a great way to obtain your fruits and vegetables while also providing your body with many critical vitamins and minerals. It’s important to focus on nutrient-dense, whole foods while minimizing the amount of added sugars you consume.
Is Banana Smoothie Good For Belly Fat?
Banana prevents the body from retaining water, and as a result, it aids in the melting of stomach fat. For that, a banana smoothie is a fantastic option. It becomes tastier not only by adding a few other ingredients but also aids in the easy and rapid melting of stomach fat.
If you like and enjoy this recipe, please leave a comment to let me know your feedback.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Energy: 262 kcal / 1095 kJ
- Fat: 16 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 31 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- For: 2 Servings
- Add almond milk, coconut milk, blueberries, banana and flaxseed (optional) to a high-speed blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and serve.