This Southern Fried Cabbage recipe is the perfect side for your New Year’s menu because it not only tastes delicious but it is very easy to prepare. I decided to take this dish to another level by adding some homemade Coconut Bacon.
I’m crazy about cabbage and I love to include it in my meal planning, it is not only nutritious but it is very economical and versatile, check out my Detox Cabbage Soup, Jamaican Steamed Cabbage, Curry Cabbage, and Roasted Cabbage Steaks recipes.
For many people who are transitioning to a vegan diet this New Year,
I wanted to help make this transition as easy as possible with the same familiar tastes and textures and for them to see that it is quite easy to remain a vegan with all these delicious recipes that you won’t even miss the meat.
They are all so flavorful and will be a big hit when you serve these recipes to your family and friends.
How To Make Fried Cabbage
- Slice cabbage and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and thyme and saute until onion is soft.
- Stir in the cabbage, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Add vegetable broth, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in coconut bacon and serve.
What To Serve With Your Vegan Southern Fried Cabbage?
I basically made my own blend with a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
Cabbage has lots of nutrients, it is high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. Check out the amazing health benefits of cabbage!
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 109 kcal / 456 kJ
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 12 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan coconut bacon, (see recipe)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, thyme and cook until onion is soft about 2 minutes. Stir in cabbage, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt
- Add vegetable broth, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until cabbage is soft. Add coconut bacon and serve.